User registration set back to admin approval because of spam. Email with your user name to be approved.

Comments

• I do not know what to say... maybe Do not mess up comes to mind
    :shock:
  • 'don't mess up'? hell, i'm only interested in seeing this if it's a horrible trainwreck.

which it will be.
  • I hope this is terrible good and not terrible terrible.
  • OH MY GOD! does this mean it's coming to life?
  • Been a big thing up in Canada since last week - tabloids think it's the greatest thing since Actraiser.
  • Wow. Canadians and DBZ? A match made in heaven, if you ask me.

(This is where you would see a shop'd pic of Goku wearing a furry hat and killing a moose. As I do not actually have Photoshop, you'll have to use your imagination. Thank you.)
  • said:

'don't mess up'? hell, i'm only interested in seeing this if it's a horrible trainwreck.

which it will be.

Then I thoroughly recommend the original Chinese version if you haven't already seen it. It's the original Dragonball and not the Z version but it's still hilariously horrible. No characters have their real names because of licensing issues, and the villains are classic Sentai rejects.
  • said:

I hope this is terrible good and not terrible terrible.

• said:

OH MY GOD! does this mean it's coming to life?

Oh yeah in all its spiky flame haired , powered upping kameya-meya wave'd ness :wink:
  • If there isn't at least one 5-10 minute long "power up" scene, I will be sorely disappointed. If there is, the movie will be awesome at the level of Popeye: The movie (which I would love to hear a podcast about, hint hint).
  • This will be a trilogy. First movie will have nothing but the trash talk before the fight. Second will be 2 hours of powering up. The third will be the actual fight. :goku:
  • Of course! It's all coming together now...

In that really happened, I actually would go to see it in theaters. While incredibly drunk.
  • I don't know if watching the camera scroll over someones face in extreme close up while they scream will work as well in real life. I am not enthused.
  • said:

I don't know if watching the camera scroll over someones face in extreme close up while they scream will work as well in real life. I am not enthused.

It kinda worked in Blood Sport. This time it'll just last a little longer and hopefully they won't look as confused.
  • I just saw the commercial for "Dragon Wars", and I wasn't paying much attention, until I saw an Asian looking, snakey dragon come across the screen. I look up, and I was like 'If that's Shenron, I'm fucking leaving.' Luckily, it was a trailer for another bad movie that is made only to make me sad...*sniffs*
  • Lots of Dragon movies with no chance of any of them being good. Meh.

On a different note, I don't believe Daryl Surat can talk about anything even tagentially related to Dragonball Z (or power levels) without making a IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!111 joke
  • said:

Lots of Dragon movies with no chance of any of them being good. Meh.

On a different note, I don't believe Daryl Surat can talk about anything even tagentially related to Dragonball Z (or power levels) without making a IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!111 joke

But that is the best joke EVAR!!!!
  • WHAT NINE THOUSAND
  • There is only one thing that could save this movie, and that is of course its inclusion of the Ginu Force.

orange aliens with cockney accents = cinematic revolution.
  • Apparently, Stephen Chow is set to produce this movie now, so it's looking more like Dragonball could actually be a good movie. Also, speculation is that it will be based on later episodes of the original Dragonball with teen/young adult Goku, rather than Z, which would be much easier to make a movie of, in my opinion.
  • yeah, Goku was pretty whipped after he met Chichi, she won't even let him go bowling with King Kai anymore.
  • I'm semi-pumped about this, DBZ being my after-school baby-sitter. But I bet it's gonna suck, like the Mario Bros. movie.
  • said:

I'm semi-pumped about this, DBZ being my after-school baby-sitter. But I bet it's gonna suck, like the Mario Bros. movie.

More likely it will suck like the live action Crying Freeman movie.
  • i just saw the opening, DRAGONBALL GT! GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR
  • Dragon Wars was super awesome.

Listen up Hollywood, the people demand THE CAGE as Son Goku!
  • I actually heard about the dragon ball movie a while ago on the news. It does take place late dragon ball (not dbz) because the main villain is Piccalo. The parts of Goku and Piccalo have already been cast. Neither of them were actors I had heard of, but one of them was a badguy in buffy apparently.
  • Yeah, "the badguy in buffy." Good enough. James Marsters is awesome, for no other reason than because I says so, and that's sufficient for me.

The other guy is the son from the new War of the Worlds. Don't know him from much else, but whatever.

I don't care if I hear of any of the actors in here are well known. I actually prefer giving new actors a shot instead of the same 5 or 10 guys.

Some Mexican chick whose sister is semi-famous is in the running to play Bulma.

Also, whoever the person that's cast as Chi Chi will be Asian, which just feels like "here' we threw you fans a bone. Everyone else'll be white."

Well, I guess Master Roshi will be played by an Asian actor, or maybe he'll be played by Nicholas Cage.
  • It doesn't have an IMDB page... I'm not buyin' it. Even Robotech has one (though I can't see it... stupid IMDB pro BS).

If I had a nickel for every time an anime was rumored to be made into a live action movie, I'd have enough nickels to fill a tube sock, thus rendering it into a hellish club or maybe a foxtail-like instrument of cranial devastationatude. I'd wander the streets looking for petty crimes to interrupt, dashing ruffians and ne'er-do-wells about the skull with my blunt malleus of social justice.

Ideally, the sock would blow up on impact, and I could scream, "Glorious Sunbeam Nickel Sock, Brilliant Attack!" whilst in mid-swing. The scattering nickles would dance in the afternoon sun, and children would chortle and laugh as they scrounged for the bounteous welfare that my attacks provided.

...wait, what were we talking about again? Bee movie? :|
  • said:

It doesn't have an IMDB page... I'm not buyin' it. Even Robotech has one (though I can't see it... stupid IMDB pro BS).

If I had a nickel for every time an anime was rumored to be made into a live action movie, I'd have enough nickels to fill a tube sock, thus rendering it into a hellish club or maybe a foxtail-like instrument of cranial devastationatude. I'd wander the streets looking for petty crimes to interrupt, dashing ruffians and ne'er-do-wells about the skull with my blunt malleus of social justice.

Ideally, the sock would blow up on impact, and I could scream, "Glorious Sunbeam Nickel Sock, Brilliant Attack!" whilst in mid-swing. The scattering nickles would dance in the afternoon sun, and children would chortle and laugh as they scrounged for the bounteous welfare that my attacks provided.

That was fucking awesome, like an orgasm of nickels!
  • said:

Well, I guess Master Roshi will be played by an Asian actor, or maybe he'll be played by Nicholas Cage.

If Malcolm McDowell can play Ryuken in Fist of the North Star, then you better believe the Cage can be Master Roshi.
  • When I think about a Dragonball movie, I just imagine Ebert and Roeper, standing atop a cliff in their battle-wearied seiyan armor. Ebert turns to Roeper and asks.
    "Roeper, what does the scouter say about their box office numbers?"
    Roeper will reply by taking off his scouter, crushing it in his hand, and screaming.
    " IT's UNDER 9,000!....DOLLARS!"

Akira Toriyama is turning in his grave right now, which is odd, because he's not dead.
  • Um, brain surgeon, it does. Dragonball z the movie has an imdb page.

Also, the Hollywood reporter has been one of the main sources for this news. They're not like some bloggers trying to drum up interest

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/

I laid it out straight so you didn't think it was lemonparty.org.

Now that you know, you can deflect by saying "well, it's gonna suck anyway."
  • said:

It doesn't have an IMDB page... I'm not buyin' it. Even Robotech has one (though I can't see it... stupid IMDB pro BS).

I like the way this kid thinks. Why have we not been properly introduced yet?
  • Nah, I don't deflect, I'm an adult. I must've missed it; my bad. I admit I was incorrect.

You see, children and young adults (as well as those who have yet to mature from childhood) tend to attribute evaluations of self worth globally and internally when presented with a "correct" and "incorrect" response. In other words, the immature see an "incorrect" evaluation as a threat to his/her entire self-worth! This attributional style is well documented in Psychological research of personality. It can even be validated with psychophysiological measures such as startle response and prepulse inhibition magnitude modulation, suggesting that a shift in attributions causes a measurable change in brain processing (this is a very remarkable find!).

Pertinent to this discussion, you could therefore assume that the processing state in my brain has not changed, as your "brain surgeon" (you're close though!) and other comments do not affect my attributional style. However, this assumption would be incorrect, as I just happen to posses the same psychokinetic abilities as Darryl Revok from 1981's Scanners (you should be able to find that, if you don't understand the reference).

Prepare to be rocked
  • edited November 2007
    Is there like a GIF Depot somewhere on the internet that I just don't know about? Or did you have to purchase a "Best of People Exploding" DVD?
  • Ha ha! Over usage of big words for absolutely no reason! You have made a spectacular debut, sir. Keep it up.
  • Ha ha! Over usage of big words for absolutely no reason! You have made a spectacular debut, sir. Keep it up.

/me bows politely

Charmed to be here. :)

I like the way this kid thinks. Why have we not been properly introduced yet?

Is there a proper channel for introductions on this forum? If so, please direct me to the nearest podium so that I may honorably present myself.
  • I got about half way through that post till I realized I had no idea what the hell was going on. I suddenly had a flash of the other post and smiled at the idea of a waterfall of nickels. All was better once there were shiny things. :oops:
  • Introduce yo damn self thread
    Now, go get initiated. When you recover, you'll be one of the family.
  • said:

Akira Toriyama is turning in his grave right now, which is odd, because he's not dead.

Accidental burials happen all the time...
  • especially in Japan, where the only thing more honorable than getting buried alive is stabbing yourself with a sword that belonged to your grandfather.
  • Who do you think will shoot himself first after seeing his work on the big screen:

a) Akira Toriyama for DBZ

b) Alan Moore for Watchmen
  • Toriyama has never had any pretense about being anything other than a commercial artist. So I guess it'll be Moore, except that if he killed himself he couldn't keep complaining about how badly his work gets butchered by Hollywood.
  • Both good points!