Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User registration set back to admin approval because of spam. Email with your user name to be approved.
  • I assumed he he meant the new game plus you get when you beat the game. Although I don't remember if ME3 has a new game plus.
  • @NthDegree: I guess Russia is the new Japan.
  • Anybody playing this on the 360? probably gonna go buy the game within the next hour and it'd be nice to play with people from the forum.
  • AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Well there's probably at least one person. We fooled one person who might have bought it for 360.
  • My computer's a piece of shit, so like don't hate.
  • I would have bought it for the 360 if not for the multiplayer pressure.
  • ^that's the guy! You have him to blame.
  • I don't like digital media and I like the ability to be able to sell stuff I buy after I use it, so I bought the 360 version.
  • Alright, well I guess I'll go buy it tomorrow then, as it is now cold and dark outside. maybe.
  • So, I finally finished it a little while ago. I liked the ending. Not so much the kid thing but overall I am content with how things went down. I couldn't care less that the cutscenes are identical regardless of choice. I saw MY choice and not the others.
  • Sorry yeah I meant new game plus. I don't think, you should know this by now
  • Been stewing about it since it ended. Followed the outcry, listened to the soundtrack on the way to work. My gut opinion hasn't changed, I have a lot on my mind and wish I was better able to convey it but I'm not eloquent or smart enough to do so. The game, buggy and frustrating, clearly rushed and at times forced, did exactly what I needed it to do. No complaints. Hands down my favorite video game series. I still don't think I can play any of them again because of my "man behind the curtain" thing but I'm ok with that.

Kara Shepard had her story told, with many highs and a lot of lows. I'm glad I was along for the ride.
  • Oh good, because this needs to keep getting treated like an issue.
  • I know I am a little late to the game but I finally finished it.

Here is my end.

"After I was fatally wounded and at the precipice of my life I found two choices in front of me. To become one with the enemy and become a god among them, or to become the destroyer of worlds while saving all life in the galaxy"
    I chose the later one and my team found itself on a lost planet, Joker lost his loved one but he was in company with Liara and Ashley.
    On my story, Modrin died while saving a whole race, Miranda surived and lived with her sister the rest of her days, Legion died in order to preserve and start a peaceful bond between the Geth and the Quarians, and somehow Tali and Garrus became a couple at the end.
    It was a good life, a life that was worth living.

-Shepard
  • You blew up all the mass relays, thus subjecting the survivors of the Reaper War to starvation and death. Thanks for creating a new galactic dark age, jerk. ;-p
  • The hosting player has left. Please wait during host migration.

Forever.

Exactly this. I got sick of soloing as an Infiltrator on Firebase Dagger, but I guess my N7 rank is just too low for anybody to want me on their team. I'm "WealthyAardvark" on Origin if anybody wants to get a game together.
  • There's a major problem with trolling in the multiplayer and the inability to kick people during a match causes people to join a game and then never move because they can just get free points.
  • I guess that explains some of it. It probably doesn't help that the humans don't get any respect, and I'm still waiting for any character unlocks beyond the Krogan Sentinal. Though I really shouldn't complain too much, considering I unlocked the Widow in my 2nd pack. Guardians are a piece of cake!
  • If Graz heard you got the Widow on your second pack she'd cry. I got a Black Widow I'll never use and she nearly murdered me.
  • I just learned that I didn't get my weekend gift thing because I opted out of sending them information...
  • Dave said:

If Graz heard you got the Widow on your second pack she'd cry. I got a Black Widow I'll never use and she nearly murdered me.

Oh no! Did she manage to get either of them yet? Infiltrators are pretty much useless without them.

Squirrel said:

I just learned that I didn't get my weekend gift thing because I opted out of sending them information...

Wait, what gift thing is this? The free DLC?
  • I can't justify using a Widow when I have a Mantis X, it's just too damn heavy.
  • I think she's got a Widow II now. Being able to one shot guardians through their shields is pretty awesome.

I have all the shotguns and pistols I want, I think, except for the Paladin. Now I'm just cruising for repeats.
  • I hated the Paladin in single player. I got stuck with it through the entire last mission with it's incredibly small clip... I was dangerously low on ammo way too often in those final waves. I barely made it out.

The gift, I don't know what it really is called, was something that if you fulfilled a specific requirement during one of the weekends you'd get a package or something. We had to beat a silver match or something like that. I did but never got the reward.
  • The Widow is the only thing that's made solo Infiltrator bearable. Guardians and buffed Cannibals were the bane of my existence with the Mantis, and on bronze the Widow can kill the basic enemies with body shots even without the cloaking bonus.
  • Even with the Widow, once you get to silver you need the cloak bonus to kill with headshots, but with that weight it takes forever to cloak again. It'll be a long while before I can give up the Mantis.
  • The solution to the cloak problem is to just not bring any other guns besides the Widow. Slap an ammo-capacity upgrade on it and you'll have enough to get by (and the cloaking helps if you really need a supply run.)
  • I only ever carry one weapon. It still puts me at less than 50%.
  • The solution is be a warp/overload spamming Turian Engineer and carry just a Carnifex. Too bad that damned guy can't roll, that is a major cause of my own deaths...
  • Carrying just the Widow I on my human Infiltrator leaves me with only a 31% power recharge bonus. However, since I opted for a sniper Infiltrator instead of a melee one, I grabbed the recharge version of the level 5 upgrade on Tactical Cloak. Together, that gives me a 5.41 second recharge time if I use the entire cloak. However, since the time it takes to recover from the cloak is proportionate to the time spent in it, it usually only takes me about another half second to recharge on top of the time it takes to reload the Widow.
  • I spec the same way, but with the Mantis the recharge time for my cloak is exactly the same as the reload time of the Mantis. Every shot I take has the advantage of the cloak bonus. Just from the perspective of survivability, 5.41 seconds is a lifetime of waiting if you need to run away or run past a pack of enemies to go stealth revive someone.
  • I mostly just use my Cloak to disappear from enemy view long enough for them to start chewing on my companions, all the while hoping that my puny shotgun will help strike a killing blow while I scream and run and cry like a little baby going: "Ohgodohgodohgodwe'reallgoingtodie!"
  • I played this game the dumb way. I was a soldier and I killed everything. When upgrading my weapons I just cared for accuracy and capacity, most of my weapons were upgraded up to level 4 I think. Also, what type of missions do I have to go in order to get enough cash to buy the super expensive weapons?
  • I haven't yet really suffered for getting caught out in the open unable to cloak, but from my limited experience Silver and Gold are completely different games. Even on Bronze, as long as the enemies keep shooting where I was I can generally get past them to safe cover. I suspect that would change in actual multiplayer, though, since the enemies would be spread out and there really wouldn't be a safe place to run to. This is another reason I'm itching to actually try some multiplayer, since I know my tactics can win my "Solo, Bronze, Dagger, Cerberus" runs but I don't know how they fare against much else.

Squirrel said:

The gift, I don't know what it really is called, was something that if you fulfilled a specific requirement during one of the weekends you'd get a package or something. We had to beat a silver match or something like that. I did but never got the reward.

Did you find out what information you weren't sharing? Apparently anybody who plays with the Resurgence DLC installed this weekend is supposed to get a free package next weekend, and I'd hate to miss out.
  • I think it's the Upload Gameplay Feedback in the Online settings under options. Not sure though as I haven't bothered really looking into it.
  • Yeah, every time one of these special events happens, they mention somewhere that you need to have the Upload Gameplay Feedback setting turned on in order to participate.
  • Spoiler:
    I guess I thought Ashley would be more appreciative of the Tennyson books I got her. They give so many options for gifts and I note that they only let you do it for the first hospital visit.

Sure did start playing for 14 hours until 3 in the morning.
  • Only 14? You lightweight.
  • I had the same thing happen with the Tennyson books. I was like what the fuck I remember that from two games ago and you're just like "thanks... I guess."
  • Spoiler:
    I guess I thought Ashley would be more appreciative of the Tennyson books I got her. They give so many options for gifts and I note that they only let you do it for the first hospital visit.

Sure did start playing for 14 hours until 3 in the morning.

Oh, those were supposed to be for her? I just kept them.

• Unlocked Krogan Vanguard the other night. So hilarious. All you do is fly around the map mashing your face into people. My roommate unlocked his a round later, and we beat an Atlas to death as it waved its little robo-arms in surprise and alarm.
  • The way Krogans charge-melee is the cutest little thing, especially if you equip them with a tiny toy gun, like a Disciple.

I love 'em, but the human vanguard is definitely better, at least in silver. Charge > Nova is just too powerful.
  • I can't stop playing the human vanguard. I haven't even promoted him since I don't see the point in re-leveling. I just keep doing quick matches for cash and buying Premium Spectre Packs that I don't need. Why are there so many thermal clip refill items in these things, but NEVER medi-gel?
  • Truth or fiction? Who can say? It would explain a lot if true...
  • I can't stop playing the human vanguard. I haven't even promoted him since I don't see the point in re-leveling. I just keep doing quick matches for cash and buying Premium Spectre Packs that I don't need. Why are there so many thermal clip refill items in these things, but NEVER medi-gel?

You have to buy the lower cost packs to get medi-gels. I don't know why but it seems to be true.

I played vanguard and did worse than with any of the other classes, even soldier. I'm a bad vanguard. I think I lack the faith for the balls out style of play it requires.

• Yeah, I can't do vanguard. I can't even do shotgun infiltrator.
  • I got Medigel in the last two PSPs I bought. It's just luck. You buy more cheaper packs, you're more likely to get medigel.

Truth or fiction? Who can say? It would explain a lot if true...

Putting faith in something like this is roughly equivalent to some guy saying the moon landing was faked. People really want to believe they're "in the know" about something. People also want to lump all the blame on one guy, Casey Hudson, because he's the most publicly visible person. That's something a fan would more likely do than a writer. Not to mention that a writer making a post like that and tanking his career is pretty unlikely. It's probably better to regard that with a healthy dose of skepticism.