User registration set back to admin approval because of spam. Email with your user name to be approved.

Random is locked where do i post is locked where do i post

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Watching "Horrible Bosses" with family. This is like some weird twenty-three year old's fantasy of what having a real job is like. Every scene has something that would result in a huge lawsuit if this was the real world.

I'm actually getting offended by this.

edit: okay, now that it's into the actual funny it's funnier. That first bit was really tough, though.

• In today's episode: Guys named Viggo, split timelines, why Leon was late to his first day of work, and vaguely Italian Lickers.
  • edited December 2011
    I watched that lady shitting video again in 1080p as suggested. GUYS, I THINK SHE'S ALSO PEEING AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
  • Dave said:

Uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

QFT
  • edited December 2011
    I read the last three posts while out to dinner and laughed obnoxiously loudly. Good work =D
  • This reminds me of a conversation me and my family were having on Christmas about women taking a poo during childbirth.
  • Which reminds me that one of my friends was born with a yeast infection in his mouth that he caught from his mom on the way out apparently. Also she is mos def peeing at the same time in that video, it likes forms a puddle and then streams off under the suv in front of her. All in all a very classy lady.
  • I just threw up in my mouth a little, thanks.
  • If you can't take a little piss-n-poop talk, you might want to reconsider being on the Internet.
  • edited December 2011
    Here. It's probably been posted a long time ago but it's something I do from time to time, like right now actually. Take your mind off shit, in this case literally.

Open each link in a new tab.

First / Second

Replace the second with whatever you want. Sometimes, because I'm a depressing asshole, I just listen to the first one alone.
  • It's more the yeast infection in the mouth bit.
  • This reminds me of Spanish class where I would at every opportunity say "Tengo una infección por levaduras."
  • I'm so glad I nearly failed Spanish.
  • It's more the yeast infection in the mouth bit.

I'll grant ya that. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't heard of that before, then it would have probably affected me as well.
  • blank said:

I'm so glad I nearly failed Spanish.

Don't worry, that doesn't mean what he intends it to mean. Penicillin ain't so bad.
  • It is a personal dream of mine to have that full sized and framed on my wall one day.
  • Endless Eight. Lost all credibility.
  • Those beats are so fresh

• Yo kid, you break?
  • I request that Dave tell the story about Turbo again, in detail.
  • I'm assuming this is old and may have already been posted here, but it made me smile.

• Ok fair warning I have no idea if this a joke or not and I seriously hope that it is because it's kind of disturbing.

"This is some Silence of the Lambs shit..." A very apt YouTube comment.

• edited December 2011
    So I have a choice between Fergue wearing skin-colored tights under her dress or some kind of...Spider-Man promo on CNN? NYE TV super sucks.

We'll stick with Fergie, I guess. The singer's live (nobody would be that badly off-key in a studio recording)
  • GodGod
    edited January 2012

• Those beats are so fresh

IS THAT CHAR?
  • Don't know if anyone here is familiar with the really high guy meme, but this is my favourite so far:

• Paypal seems to be a hive of scum and villainy more and more.

http://www.regretsy.com/2012/01/03/from-the-mailbag-27/
  • ...welcome to the party? Paypal has always been that way.
  • I'm just now learning this. I've only used them a few times and never payed attention to anything about them.
  • Not to be the mean spirited pessimistic person I am but to be me, why are you dealing with large amounts of money and irreplaceable antiques with random strangers not in person because that seems like there is a lot of potential for some bad shit to go down. I would also like to know whether or not other institutions of online commerce have similar rules for dealing with "bad" merchandise.
  • There is a relatively small market for antiques at any one physical location, and the inconvenience and cost of travel would render most antiques sold on the internet worthless without it. The internet is probably the best thing that happened to the "old shit" market for both buyers (number of available items, competition driving down prices, ease of pricing items) and sellers (amount of potential customers, ease of pricing items).

Cases such as above are actually quite rare when you take into account how many transactions PayPal makes. Overall, they're batting well over .900. The problem is that they tend to fuck up monstrously when they make a mistake. Now, it's entirely possible PayPal is run by sociopaths, but I am inclined to believe that such a large company would, of course, include some grossly incompetent staff. It's much more likely that PayPal's bad press comes from bumbling idiots and power-tripping staffers than a concerted effort by PayPal as a whole to ruin people's day. It wouldn't be a huge deal if they had a halfway decent PR team/firm, but they don't understand, for some reason, damage control.
  • I'm willing to accept that. However, the lack of context on the seller's part makes me somewhat skeptical on the buyer, who is to say that he is not a sociopath who knew how to exploit PayPal and would go out of his way to pay nothing to destroy an antique.
  • Actually, this has been PayPal's policy for a while now. The User Agreement says "If you (the seller) lose a Significantly Not As Described Claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed)." So, well, there it is.

And--to some extent--I can understand the thought process. If the thing is a fake, then of course you don't want the scammer to be scamming other people with it. So "send it back" really shouldn't be an option because then they'll just try to sell it again.

Not saying it was properly applied in this instance, but I can see how someone would get to a place where "smash the violin" was a moral imperative. I guess the question now becomes whether or not the seller advertised the violin in such a way that a declaration of counterfeit would be sustainable. Seems to me that this is something a lawsuit ought to decide.
  • Technically, the seller has a case they can bring, but I'm not sure if it's against PayPal or the buyer. PayPal's policy dictates specifically to counterfeits. There's no such thing as a counterfeit violin (according to the article; probably just overvalued ones), but the violin had also been authenticated. The seller is now out of both his money and violin. Because the policy was improperly applied, he's entitled to compensation of at least the $2500 he sold it for.

As before, probably incompetent staff at PayPal improperly applied a policy. Further, the likelihood that the buyer was a specific type of mentally ill where you like to destroy people's property in such an elaborate way while also scamming them out of money is obscenely unlikely. The buyer was probably genuinely concerned it was a fake, and some idiot at PayPal told him to break it. Huge companies have this shit happen all the time. PayPal needs to work on dealing with this stuff.