User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Morning Brew #010: Am I My Titan's Keeper??

This flimsy excuse for a podcast mostly exists to remind you that #BD4PP2017 is coming and STREAMTOBER starts tomorrow at bossdoors.tv!

But in it Dave spoils ALL OF ATTACK ON TITAN so don’t listen past the overproduced intro if you care about spoilers for everything UP TO AND INCLUDING THE CURRENT MANGA.

(also since I have no illusions about anyone actually understanding a word I said, you can find information about the BD4PP stream here!)

http://daveandjoel.com/?p=7668

Comments

• Attack on Titan is bad and you are bad for making me know more about it.
  • I disperse my pain by passing it on to your ears
  • Yeah AoT was bad from the first season and they progressively made an amazing premise totally dogshit by the second season of the show. Surprised you hate yourself enough to keep up to date with the manga.
  • The only thing I hate more than myself is not having a constant stream of convenient, quickly digestible reading material before bed.
  • This podcast affirmed my decision to ignore Attack on Titan. Thanks!
  • Really appreciated having this to listen to today. You also made AoT sound more interesting than its first three episodes did, but that's the draw of LOOOORE I suppose. And in that regard, the next time you need to promote a YFI event, I'd openly welcome the "Dave Explains Resident Evil" brewcast. Give a shoutout to ma girl Sheva and her herb-hoarding ways
  • Resident Evil is also bad and you are also bad for enjoying it. #HOTTAKES #FIGHTME
  • exagenous said:

Resident Evil is also bad and you are also bad for enjoying it. #HOTTAKES #FIGHTME

I looked at the data and it checks out.
  • Really appreciated having this to listen to today. You also made AoT sound more interesting than its first three episodes did, but that's the draw of LOOOORE I suppose. And in that regard, the next time you need to promote a YFI event, I'd openly welcome the "Dave Explains Resident Evil" brewcast. Give a shoutout to ma girl Sheva and her haab-hoarding ways

I will fight all of you to protect the honor of my beloved Resi.
  • I feel pretty vindicated about this because I asked really early on "if they can make rocket pants and laser swords why can't they make a gun that blows up Titans", and it turns out there was an actual reason why they didn't (and in fact it was part of the whole story).

I mean, "a wizard mind-controlled everybody" isn't a *good* reason, but i like it better than "they just CAN'T, OKAY?"
  • Since it's a Japanese manga, I won't blame you for getting your Ls and Rs transposed because they're actually RAZOR swords.

Like literally. They snap off in little chunks. So maybe that's more like a box cutter sword?

I don't think I mentioned it on the pod but part of the civil war subplot is like "the military is secretly restricting all development of technology behind the scenes except these two things." Basically what you said. *A* reason is better than *no* reason... then again it did take them the better part of a decade to *get* to that reason...............