User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Here is the VR game I am making with my friends.

If you are wondering what I've been up to since I quit podcasting, here's part of it:

This is my game. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Comments

• Looks live you've done a good job of it! I hope you do well.
  • Great idea for a vr game.
  • Thanks, Shaloop!
  • Seems like VR breakout
  • edited October 6
  • Yeah, it's definitely inspired by Breakout but with puzzle game elements like mostly Bust A Move/Puzzle Bobble.
  • Is there going to be fail states? Or is it mostly highscore score based?
  • Is there a way to make it so that there aren't walls in the game, and you have to move around the room to hit the ball?
  • I mean there are already fail states. If you look down you see that your "body" is a bright red jewel. If the ball hits the jewel, you lose a life. So you need to defend the jewel from the ball, either by blocking it with the paddle, or physically moving your body (in the real world) out of the way.

You can already move around the room to hit the ball. And without walls, the entire game would not work as it is all based on ricochets. Not sure what you're going for here.
  • I was thinking that you would have to chase the ball with the paddle or else it *wouldn't* ricochet.

So I guess I was that guy who says "hey that thing you did is cool! But you know what would be even better? If you did (literally 100% the opposite of what you did)"