User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Summer 2017 Anime "I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

edited July 25 in Anime
Preceding: Spring 2017 Anime "The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound in the deep, one last time!"

I'm ready to be vored by these gamblers.

This has a look at least.

This could be one of the worst seasons yet, but there's still this to look forward to:

Hell yeah, fuck me up. Just fuck me up.

PVs from other notable series
*New Game!! teaser
*Symphogear AXZ teaser
*Fate/Apocrypha trailer
*My Hero Academia 2 trailer
*Hell Girl is back. Not sure who asked for it.

Comments

• edited July 2
    Man, gimli, tell it like it is...
  • This anime season seems to have half of the shows eaten up by Amazon's Anime Strike and Netflix so a lot of shows won't be on Crunchy which is inconvenient.

As far as stuff that looks cool.

Kakegurui could scratch my gambling itch, but I'll have to wait 6 months till Netflix releases it.

The Reflection is an original anime by Stan Lee, which sounds awful. However it's being directed by the guy who did Flowers of Evil and Mushishi and he hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Welcome to the Ballroom looks like it could have some cool dancing in it.

18if could be neat? It has Koji Morimoto working on it and each ep is gonna have a different director on it. It's based on a mobile phone game and it's being made by Gonzo though.

• edited July 3
    A different director on every episode? Unless each is wildly different, that sounds bad actually.

I'm suspicious of Welcome to the Ballroom. I can't help but feel like it's a studio chasing Yuri on Ice with an also-ran.
  • Space Dandy did that and I liked it, but Gonzo doing it is...yeah..

I'm half glad Amazon has Welcome to the Ballroom since it will now not be popular, and then we won't have to deal with a bunch of "Yuri on Ice vs Welcome to the Ballroom"
  • A couple of non sports sports shows, ballroom and super cleaning guy. Then there's another swimming show that I will probably start watching and then give up on. Also bahamut, yowapeda, and academia continue so at least there will be something to watch each week.
  • Yeah pretty much the ones that Ex mentioned and there's one that seems like princess jellyfish a little bit.
  • It seems a bit more lurid than JellyPri.
  • I am all about the monogatari series so I am very much looking forward to Owarimonogatari
  • As long as it doesn't become super fanservicy, Restaurant to Another World could be a neat show that is just a chill cooking for fantasy creatures show.
  • Is that the guy with the cell phone in a fantasy setting? ( which was pretty much re:zeros premise also)
  • No, you are thinking of the other of 3 things where a person is in a fantasy world. This one is just a chief that cooks for fantasy things. The other 2 are when the person dies and is reincarnated into a fantasy world
  • edited July 5
    Subaru doesn't die at the beginning of Re:Zero. He does have a cell phone though, but that's not the premise.

Kazuma does die and is allowed to reincarnate and bring one thing to a fantasy world in KonoSuba, however he chooses a goddess and not a cell phone.

The show Creaty is talking about is Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. or In a Different World with a Smartphone. where the protagonist dies and is reincarnated in a fantasy world with an allowance of his personal cell phone. It's airing this season.
  • Remember that tonight Twitch is streaming Welcome to the Ballroom an day before it airs.

https://www.twitch.tv/events/63247
  • So far the new shows honestly haven't impressed me too much. Hoping they improve with a 2nd ep.
  • Yeah, the clean freak soccer show has been more comedy than anything not much around soccer unfortunately. I'll stay with it just in case but last episode was entirely about everybody in the school being obsessed with how good his towels smelled...
  • edited July 10
    With the most recent episode of Academia and the 2nd seasons of food wars, Interning at different places to compensate for weaknesses seems to be the hot new trend. Also wtf is with the new ending song vignette
  • edited July 10
    Not expecting the Fate show to have the most action and death in it. Op is pretty good.

Gamble girls is pretty much Kaiji, but more lustful. Which fine...I guess I will accept that compromise.
  • I'm down for more Kaiji.
  • edited July 12
    Teekyu is back.

• Okay fine, you can have a real title.
  • We are saved ;-;
  • Is Teekyu something I have been sleeping on? Never heard of it
  • Uhhh it's like Ai Mai Mi, but so fast paced that it makes your brain leak out of your ears.
  • Its a three minute show where quantity beats quality. By the time you got the joke, you just missed two.
    They put maximum joke in their three minutes.

Maximum.

Joke.