User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Fast Karate Anime Club 03/29/17 9:30 PMEST (Fish Minstrel)

edited 1:29AM in Anime
Right now the Wednesday watch list consists of:
- Mononoke (Epsiode 4)
- Haikyuu Season 1 (Episode 20)
- GDGD Fairies Season 1 (Episode 11&12)
- Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex (Episode 3)

Indefinitely On Hold
- Saiki (Due to Funimation Sucking)

Next (04/01/17, 9:30PM EST) movie night will be a showing of:
???

I've created a google calendar here: goo.gl/7BNWMM

I will continue to post to the thread as well as tweet out when streams are starting but def. add the calendar to your alerts if you wanna be totes in the know.

You'll see the weekly Wednesday night meetings but also bi-weekly Saturday movie nights! I kept these later so that if stream shenanigans are happening it doesn't cut into them too much.

Reminder for suggestions:
- For anime please keep it to Crunchyroll + Funimation (even tho I hate Funimation's video player with the fire of a thousand suns)
- With movies please feel free to suggest almost any movie that is Japanese rather than just anime movies.

----------------------------------------------------

We will be watching via Rabb.it. This is a service which lets a group of people view a stream concurrently together in a chat room setting. You do not need to download anything! Just come to the URL I linked a bit lower and you will be able to view the stream and chat with everyone!

You do not need an account to access the room.

The room can also be accessed via this URL when it is live: https://www.rabb.it/catanaition

Suggestions continue to be appreciated.

You can sort crunchy's list by type/genre here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Rotten_Sushi/pages?extra_param=8590017835
Tagged:

Comments

• Sure. I haven't seen the Haikyuus yet.

1. I am in Eastern Time Zone.
    2. Mondays are off, but most days are ok in the evening.
    3. Gdgd fairies or Ai Mai Mi? They are shorter stuff more then a full watching.
  • Yeah I'm down for whatever.

1. EST
    2. My work hours are kinda different each week but I don't work past 9:40 but i get that is kinda late.
    3. Haikyuu is a good idea but maybe it would not be the worst idea to do a test run with a really short show like maybe something shorter then 13 eps?
  • edited November 2016
    I'm down for it but what do the time zones have to do with it? Just curious

Also can we extend it to funimation too?
  • edited November 2016
    I'm gonna give people until about Friday and then figure out schedule based on that so if you guys know anyone who would be interested but they haven't posted by like Weds give them a poke from me <3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    Creaty said:

I'm down for it but what do the time zones have to do with it? Just curious

Also can we extend it to funimation too?

If I just ask everyone what times they are available I will have no idea how that compares to other people's without a timezone attached lol. EG If Sasq and I both say we're available at 7pm, his 7pm is my 5pm and my 7pm is his 9pm.

This would be non-dub watching + I only pay for Crunchyroll so probably not Funi since almost their whole sub catalogue will be moving to Crunchy soon.
  • Didn't know that all of Funimation's catalog would be moving over. I literally keep it just to watch Saiki K. If that moves over I can cancel it.
  • Creaty said:

Didn't know that all of Funimation's catalog would be moving over. I literally keep it just to watch Saiki K. If that moves over I can cancel it.

Yeah I was so happy to see the announcement :D
  • 1 Central Standard Time
    2 I'm usually off and at home at 10 PM on weeknights. (I honestly don't expect my schedule to work with the group)
    3 I like the idea of watching Haikyuu because I haven't finished it yet, but I think it might be best to kick things off with a movie. Crunchyroll has some good picks like Jin-Roh, Unico, etc.
  • Yeah a one-off thing like Bride of the Magus would be a good test.

I would suggest to do it between Friday-Sunday since most of the episodes air either on Friday or Saturday.
  • I'll try to attend. EST here and good with times after 7 most weeknights.
  • Seconding Bride of the Magus. I've been meaning to watch that for a while.
  • I like the idea of Bride of the Magus but it's only partially released? Seems to be a Digimon Tri situation with the second episode not coming out until Feb. If people don't mind the cliff hanger I'd be fine to start here tho.

gdgd Fairies would be okay or Orenchi no Furo Jijo was a good one for those short shows.

I'm thinking about a 2 hour block on Wednesday night starting about 9PM EST OR Saturday nights from 7PM EST. Would people be more comfortable with a 1 hour block? Just sort of throwing ideas around.

The 9PM start time on weekdays is because I don't get off work on weekdays until about 8PM EST.
  • edited November 2016
    I think those are good times and I like the idea of a 2 hour block
  • I still need to see the first ep of Bride of the Magus too.
  • Huge update in first post <3
  • So how does it work? We watch the episode at that time and then come here to comment?
  • Creaty said:

So how does it work? We watch the episode at that time and then come here to comment?

Rabb.it is like a movie theatre chat room where everyone in the chat can watch the same stream at once. One person controls the 'remote' (eg. has control over the url, stream etc) but everyone watches together in real time :)
  • Oh ok I guess you'll post a link before. I had never heard of that.
  • Looks like I will have to skip out on this time. Actually have a different anime watching group planed tonight haha.
  • Day one and everything is already crumbling!
  • I'll be up for a Saturday groupwatch
  • Ok, other plan was canceled so I am back on tonight! lol
  • I'd be interested in this - I've seen most of this stuff but I'd be up for watching stuff & chatting.
  • It's in a half hour tonight I think.
  • Getting room set up as we speak!
    They almost killed us.
    They almost killed us.

These beautiful star children (The Worst).
  • Also hopefully on Saturday we'll be running on time and that I don't almost get hit by a car. Really those are the only improvements possible clearly.
  • What's on the docket?
  • Reminder that we'll be showing the musical Lilium tonight starting from 9PM EST!
  • Are we still on for doing something tonight?
  • Yep! Just got home and we'll be starting up in about 20min :D
  • edited November 2016
    Cools. I'm gonna watch Yuri on Ice in the meantime.
  • Possibility we'll be starting a couple minutes late. Gotta love public transit.
  • edited December 2016

Got a movie suggestion: Lupin III vs. Detective Conan

And if that goes well, perhaps the sequel another time, too?
  • DG_Nick said:

Got a movie suggestion: Lupin III vs. Detective Conan

And if that goes well, perhaps the sequel another time, too?

I'm for it but is there a legal stream?

• Darn missed it. This seems cool though!
  • Opps, forgot >.<;
  • Gah! my internet has been acting up this week. Gonna try and make sure to hit it up next week.
  • One of these days I'll have the night off when this is happening. Someday.
  • We learned about Fujiko Mine's Guide to the Seduction of Young Girls.
  • For all those who missed it by accident I think you can add the google calendar to your own calendars and then receive notifications to your phone and email!

For those who missed it because of life circumstance I'm sorry and hope you can make it one day XD
  • Also I realised the next movie night would fall on Christmas so how do people feel about doing it next week and then taking a break until January 7th (because the next Saturday after that is New Years Eve...)

For the NYE bit, tbh I'm probably not going out or anything so we could still do that night if there's at least a few people who'd be up for it.
  • I might be late, but I'm up for joining the anime club tomorrow. As for NYE, I'm not sure what my plans will be for then
  • Since a couple people have let me know they'd like to do something tomorrow we're going to have a special meeting to make up for the 2 week break coming up on Christmas + New Years!