User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Monster Hunter For You

1235»

Comments

• Important question: is there fall damage? Will I still be able to blast my team off a mountain with gun lance?
  • edited June 16
    I don't think that's been asked yet, since there's never been any.

*The maps still have numbered locations for coordinating movement
    *Scout Flies are replacing both paintballs and psychoserum, they have a time limit unless you find enough evidence to maintain them indefinitely.
    *The soft lock-on from previous entries is still in
    *That lasso'd little wyvern is the replacement of Farcasters
    *You can use the grapple hook for a fall recovery, shown when the hunter gets thrown off the netted Anjanath then hooks back.

*"The sharpness icon decreases as your sharpness goes down, you visually know where you are at on current sharpness color. Nice change"
    *Hitboxes are far more accurate and complex, eg. Rathalos' more heavily armor top half is going to be deflecting hits more than his fleshy underside.

• Weapon demonstration things are out now.

• We've got a drained coral reef, mothdragons and a fluffy bat now!
  • Monster Hunter is pulling a pokemon now, MH: Cuddles and MH: Snuggles.
  • Snuggles for lyfe
  • Pukei-Pukei is the name of the chameleon thing, and flagship of Cuddle.

Another thing mentioned was what they're calling Layered Armor which is a second armor set that determines your appearance. I think Guild Wars 2 uses this kind of setup for transmog.
  • You can undo weapon upgrades and it refunds you the materials, the weaponsmith shows full upgrade trees
    The monster encyclopedia has monster hitzones with damage type effectiveness and elemental weaknesses, also tells you what you get from carves, part breaks and rewards.
  • edited September 22
    Monster Encyclopedia is a goooooooooooood change, though I'm sincerely going to miss these charts:

Even though I was never actually good enough at Monster Hunter to do anything more precise than "hit them on the head when you want the gem."
  • edited September 22
    Knew I forgot something in the last post. If you've played Senua's Sacrifice with a good surround sound system or headphones, they're using a similar audio setup with positional audio to let you hear things coming up behind or to the sides of you.

and more-

Talismans that used to only be obtained through mining are now craftable
    Set bonuses exist and unlike Generations where it was a feature limited to the Deviant armors it's for most if not all sets.
  • Hurray for competitive markets in the hunting genre!
  • The Monster Encyclopedia is filled out by captures, kills, finding prints, territorial markings, leftover kills, etc.

Character creation looks like they took Dragon's Dogma setup and expanded on it though left out body options.