User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Final Fantasy XIV Because Seriously That Thread Was Getting Ridiculous

1606162636466»

Comments

• I'm not ready dammit.
  • edited September 2
    For DAHma. \o/
  • They sprinted through the other new things to give Matsuno a lot of talking time but here's things

Ventures and Beast Tribe Tokens moving to Currencies
    GC Squads leveling up past 50, at 51+ you can start playing dressup with them
    GC Squad Dungeons
    Kojin Beast Tribe Quests
    Hildibrand Interlude
    New Deliveries Client for DoH/L
    The Unending Coil of Bahamut: Ultimate (harder than Savage fight for crazy people)
    Lost Canals of Uznair will start dropping maps to "deeper levels" that are partially submerged
    New Dungeon - The Drowned City of Skalla
    New Frontlines - Rival Wings
    Two teams of 24 made up of 4 man parties will fight as well as pilot mechs from the Alexander raid series including Cruise Chaser.
    24 Man Raid Roulette
    Shirogane Housing
    New Perform Emote on Bard, new instruments and notes will be added to it through patches. Example given was when you activate it you'll have hotbar buttons for do re mi fa so la ti do
  • Yo-kai watch event is back, I hope that translates to people doing Heavensward fates even though it's not supported in the event.
  • Hey, so

is this game still good? Wife and I are mulling over reactivating our accounts in a week or two.
  • YES COME TO DOMAAAAAA
  • I miss your wife. She's the only other lala left.

Spoiler:
    I miss you too.
  • Don't do it. Save your money for something good like the new Samus game this week.
  • Brought to you by the creators of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate!
  • and a-heeere we gooo!

how does game even work
  • Kirkine was eyeing onion prices and asking about gardening last night. Is the FC garden in use these days? Should we maybe be looking into getting our own small house somewhere with a private garden?
  • I don't think anyone's using the garden currently, so feel free, because I think there literally isn't a free small house left on the server (I checked a month back)
  • Noriyu does use it sometimes but I don't think it should be a problem, especially if it's currently empty.
  • Good news! Kirkine started gardening.

Bad news! The circuit breaker to our computer room tripped and won't reset, so she has no way of watering the plants until we get an electrician to come by. >:-(

I found a couple of Reddit threads from the past few weeks of people selling small Cactuar plots for about 8 million (not including the 3mil and change that the game charges), so I guess there's a bit of turnover. I assume the housing market is going to flip upside-down for a little while when Shirogane rolls around as people rush for the land grab and/or move their existing houses.
  • Any of us can water it so it will be fine.
  • 3 million? 8 million? WTF? For once I thought I actually had a bankroll in a game. Crap.
  • Yeah, I'm gonna grab up our previous plot when we move over to Shirogane. So if you have the fortitude to log on at 5/6 EST whenever it rolls over (which is actually just late night your time?) you might be able to sneak one in real quick.

I asked around on that reddit back when me and Graz were trying to grab a house and eventually deleted the post because I was tired of people offering medium plots at me for 30 mil before the 20 mil I have to pay to actually buy it.
  • Update: the purchase of multiple extension cords has us back online.
  • LIVIN' ON THE EDGE, YOU CAN'T STOP US FROM WATER ING
  • My parents used to go away for like a month+ in the summer and one time everyone brought all their computers and basically lived at my house, my ~100 year old house with questionable wiring. Sick of tripping breakers nonstop (and shouting "is it back on??)" up four flights of stairs, we circumvented the 100 year old wiring problem by dropping a 20 year old orange extension cable down the central stairs and ill-advisedly sticking a two prong adapter on it to run one or two computers off the 2nd floor power using.

That was some good Diablo 2, and nothing caught fire! (as far as I know??)
  • edited September 29

Very likely has spoilers to 4.0

Job Changes

WAR
    - Fell Cleave, Inner Release can be mapped separately of their Defiance counterparts if you want
    - Shake It Off will be changed into casting barrier to all party members corresponding with the WAR's current HP. Buffs like Thrill of War and Inner Release, and so on that are in effect will be gone and in return the effect provided by the new Shake it Off will increase by 4% (Note: This may read the buffs provided from Thrill of War and so on will be sacrificed to increase Shake It Off by 4% when casted on party members)
    - Steel Cyclone HP regain increase

DRG
    - Heavy Thrust potency will decrease but other skills will be buffed along
    - Eye of the Dragon went from 4 stacks to 3

NIN
    - Fixing all Doton related problems. Doton's potency will increase by a little.
    - Shukuchi animation delay fixed

SMN
    - Summon recast time will be shortned to 3 seconds, MP usage will go down.
    - DWT will be adjusted to include the following: When in DWT, Tri-Bind potency increase by 100, Bind effect will be totally gone, and AoE. Ruin III will not have cast time.
    - Ruin III replaces Ruin I, Ruin IV replaces Ruin II, Ruin IV will have no cast time (oGCD)
    - Devotion now buffed to include all party members as long as they are around the pet.
    - Demi Bahamut is resized by personal settings, not something done by the summoner themselves but party members who don't like its size can scale it down for themselves

SCH
    - Adlo MP cost down
    - Succor's MP cost down and the barrier is buffed

Caster Role Actions
    - Addle, Manashift, Apocata cooldown shortened
    - Surecast effect remained, but effect will not drop for 5 seconds regardless of what you do
    - Arcanist gains back Sustain
  • So they realized how completely nuts it was to take away Sustain?
  • So, we failed the "escape room" by one puzzle. Sadly we spent too much time thinking outside the box, that we didn't think in it.
  • Yeah, that last puzzle nearly stopped us (and completely stumped the other group we came with.)

Spoiler:
    I see what you did there
  • edited October 1
    I gotta say, for the price they were asking, I was expecting more of an escape room and less of a series of puzzles. Too much time was lost waiting in lines and people telling us we can't do a thing that was the correct solution.
  • Aren't those big branded events usually more like that? I've only done one escape room, which was really cool because it was like a super low-budget Lovecraft or Sherlock Holmes thing where there was actually a hidden door to a secret laboratory behind a moving bookshelf, but my understanding from what I heard about stuff like FF14, Attack on Titan, Zelda, is that they just put you in an auditorium/baseball field with a stack of printouts and say "see you in 45 minutes." Which makes sense for the sheer volume of people you have coming through an event like that, but yeah if I'm paying a bunch of money for a tiny experience like that, I'd like there to be at least a bunch of cool props (aka: a moogle greataxe)
  • The Zelda one had hats, a toy sword you got to carry around for the remainder of the event if you finished, and apparently they used to have toy ocarinas until they all got stolen :-/
  • Sad to hear that Plan Shirogane didn't pan out :(

Kirkine and I managed to snag a couple of abandoned plots; mine is in a weird little shadowy nook in the Mist, but hers is actually in the same ward as the FC house, just across the bridge to the south, so at least we have (are?) neighbors.
  • I was hoping to get a neighboring plot in the same ward in Lavender Beds but by the time I got to Gridania like two plots were left in all the subdivisions. :|
  • Sounds like there might be another shot, though? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/348376-In-Regard-to-Housing-in-Patch-4.1

I believe some plans were forming earlier this week to do some of ye olde Coil stuff tonight at 6PDT/9EDT ? I've only done Turn 1, once, a year ago, so I'm looking forward to it.
  • Do any of y'all have any experience dealing with squares support? Cause I accidentally bought a second copy of the base game when I meant to get stormblood and didnt notice till I tried to redeem the code and it didnt work
  • Only ever dealt with them over getting fanfest tickets and all I got out of that was the hours they're open aren't great.

Where'd you buy the second copy?

In Rabanastre when you go through the water way, the team that goes down the middle gets to find these.
  • And that is why b group takes forever getting to their spot
  • I think even without that they have the longest route because of the transition to underwater and back