User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Final Fantasy XIV Because Seriously That Thread Was Getting Ridiculous

Comments

• I suspect RDM might have an evasive jump or gap closer or two. That's the only way I can see melee/ranged DPS working out unless you're expected to be melee with spells that happen to be able to be cast at range.
  • edited December 2016
    Gameplay footage of them showed a gap closer. They likely have something like Bard's jumpback attack as well.

Better look at red mage's weapon drawn stance.

https://streamable.com/25l4x

and the footage

• Embed youtube link. God damn that looks awesome.
  • edited December 2016
    New crossover event coming in 3.5

• edited December 2016
    Ask Yoshi-P segment got some new things.

Free Company Retainers are on the to-do list for 4.x
    Dyeable Crystal Tower gear
    The Last Story hairstyles and weapons might be added down the line.
    Bard supposedly undergoing big changes in 4.0
    Gathering/Crafting getting a bunch of new toys too, least of which being the underwater gathering

Two of the battle directors were asked about sending Paladin some love, all they said was please look forward to its 4.0 changes

Red Mage has physically damaging auto-attacks, they work at close and far range.

My sister got me Duality for Christmas! The renditions are gorgeous and also reminds me of fun times at FanFest.
  • That video makes me wonder if there's actually going to be one other job with an offhand besides paladin
  • edited December 2016
    I think the official stance is offhands were a remnant of the 1.0 build and they'd be rid of them if there wouldn't be a riot over the glamours. They've already done it for the mages with making no more wands and mage shields.
  • BUNK ME UP.
  • Nope. Nope. Nope.
  • CoMe PLAy wITh mE, IaN.
  • edited December 2016
    I could see RDM going either INT or DEX and their closer or elusive jump swaping those stats. If not that then something else, like a combo. There's almost definitely going to be some mechanic, I doubt they're just gonna lean on it looking cool so that you want to do it.

Even though that should be enough.

• This is what was playing during the dungeon section
  • edited January 10
    Hello, friend.
    Spoiler:

• I feel like it needs credits but it's perfect otherwise.
  • New Year's event ending soon.
  • 3.5 things

-EXP increases for Disciples of Hand and Land from 1 to 55
    -EXP reward increase for Disciple of Hand and Land leves
    -Easier to HQ in Quick Synthesis because of new gear scaling

Luminous Tools v2

-Odin, Behemoth, Coeurlregina and Proto Ultima spawn more frequently

New UI for GC shops

-Expert Dungeons i230 to enter
    -No more equipment token limit in Alexander the Creator
    -All PVP stuff earns you nearly double Wolf Marks (get that GARO)
    -Along with everything else we know about Chocobo changes, its summon timer is on pause while in instances and it can be out while doing GC and gathering leves

Duty list shows party makeup for Duty Finder instead of being a separate menu.

You can remove GC restriction for Frontlines.

Text auto-advance for cutscenes hitting Triangle, Y or Spacebar based on controls.

Hotbar configuration editing

Game will be down all day tomorrow.
  • Biggest plus to the update for me: Cross world parties/friends
  • Yeah, I'm pretty hype for that.

Also hype for BACK TO BUNKLE IN 2017

YO BUNKLE. TIME TO BUNK IT UP.
  • We're going to be running Dun Scaith (24 raid) at 2pm EST on Saturday. If you want to come and you can't make it at that time, we can talk about rescheduling, but that's the plan. If you want to come and you want me to tell you to come, you're SoL. You will either be online or you won't, and I will assume you aren't coming unless you tell me you're running late so we can wait for you.
  • Full notes are up now and
    "Anima
    Minion

From your heart and from your hand. Finally people will understand your intentions."

Was hoping for this ever since the little thing first popped up.
  • No! Can't join you guys for Dun Scaith. But I don't want you to reschedule ether, I'll just run it on my own during the week.
  • edited January 17

The shiniest animas (not even the shiny form, that's next month)

How could you not post the BRD one! Holy crap that looks amazing!
  • edited January 17
    We should be good for raid then.

Onions tonight?

Happy relic step looks like it's Light so I don't have to think about it, even if it's probably pretty grindy.
  • Spoiler:
  • They stole that from Graz.
  • Diablos is fun. It is the most fun set piece I've seen in a while. Why is Diablos so much fun?
  • DG_Nick said:

We're going to be running Dun Scaith (24 raid) at 2pm EST on Saturday. If you want to come and you can't make it at that time, we can talk about rescheduling, but that's the plan. If you want to come and you want me to tell you to come, you're SoL. You will either be online or you won't, and I will assume you aren't coming unless you tell me you're running late so we can wait for you.

Just a little under 1 hour away.
  • DG_Nick said:
    I didn't get the "Sloppeh" thing until I listened to my wife play the dungeon in English (I use Japanese audio).
  • edited January 27
    We're going to be running Containment Bay Z1T9 aka Zuvran (8-man trial) at 2pm EST on Saturday. If you want to come and you can't make it at that time, we can talk about rescheduling, but that's the plan. If you want to come and you want me to tell you to come, you're SoL. You will either be online or you won't, and I will assume you aren't coming unless you tell me you're running late so we can wait for you.

If you'd like to go and are on the aether data center, let me know here and I will make a PF at the appointed time with the password "Poot".
  • I will try not to sleep through it this time!
  • Should be fine for us.
  • I'm going to be out the whole afternoon saturday so haaaave fuuuun.
  • 1 hour away for Zuvran.
  • Bill Murray's at the helm now?
  • Things just got added to my bucket list today.
    http://realescapegame.com/ffxiv/
  • I didn't think that would be set up out of japan back when they announced it, that's really cool

• Huh. I'm doing their Zelda "escape" thing on March 19th (hosted by the same company), I'll let you know if it's any good.