User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Final Fantasy XIV Because Seriously That Thread Was Getting Ridiculous

Comments

• Oh hmm. Seems like you can do the levequests as much as you want. Not sure if that is actually the case.
  • I think you get a certain amount of points every 12 hours. Essentially they're like dailies in WoW except you can stock them up. That's what the tutorial told me, anyway.
  • I hate this thread and all of you. Making me all nostalgic for the guild days.
  • Talking about my dps chart topping, threat pulling Dave Riley gorilla pet in stream chat sure did make me want to play tf2 overtop of an mmo.
  • edited January 2014
    Now that I think about it Luke DID have a hunter and owl pet in Karazhan.

My dude is not a cockroach, she is totally a lady hobbit.
  • Aren't the two synonymous?
  • edited January 2014
    You need to work on your tsukkomi.
  • And YOU need to work on your...thing...that needs to be improvement...on.
  • edited January 2014
    You need to work on your helmet you made from a hollowed-out walnut.
  • After ten levels I don't think I like being poking stick man. I have to look into how to become something more interesting, like magic casting man or big axe man.
  • Rhegma Raginaxe... don't you judge me. I already hate myself for caving.
  • I KNEW IT.

Now gimme a kiss boi.
  • THE DREAM IS REAL!
  • After ten levels I don't think I like being poking stick man. I have to look into how to become something more interesting, like magic casting man or big axe man.
    Stickman and Bowman are the boringest classes, bowman more so because you don't even have to look at what you're fighting, you can run in circles pressing buttons and things will die. Punchyman and Magicmans are infinitely more interesting because one has combo chaining and the others have unique tweaks, especially the Thaumaturge/Black Mage line where you operate on an offensive/recharging system to alternate casting types.
  • Axe. That is all.

Also, pink dress.
  • The pinkest of dresses to match your most frilly lace axe?
  • There's a big bopper reference to be made about the lace. But I can't pull it right now.
  • Level 15 miner in the house where's my trophy

Wait I just received it in the mail let me open this package and...

...oh, it's a steaming pile of fresh shit...
  • I haven't tried out any of the gatherer or crafter classes.

Wondering if I should roll White Mage or Scholar for support stuff. I do like the idea of healing and hurting with math... but White Mage is the classic.
  • So, I think I fucked up and bought 2 copies of this game I had no plans to buy at all... I guess that means I have a code to give away if anyone wants it.
  • I decided to outright abandon my poking stick man and made a new character as a black magic elf. Now I have level 13 thaumatugipurgist, who is also little bit boxer, miner and weaver. Magic has definitely been much more interesting than poking stick. Getting aggro from multiple enemies is fast way to die, but I assume that almost every class has that problem, at least on lower levels where there is lack of aoe abilities.
  • edited January 2014
    I decided to outright abandon my poking stick man and made a new character as a black magic elf. Now I have level 13 thaumatugipurgist, who is also little bit boxer, miner and weaver. Magic has definitely been much more interesting than poking stick. Getting aggro from multiple enemies is fast way to die, but I assume that almost every class has that problem, at least on lower levels where there is lack of aoe abilities.
    Spam Blizzard 2 for the trash mobs once you get it. Quick cast, decent damage, and because it puts you in Umbral Ice you can cast it indefinitely.

I'm considering a new character for the Scholar since it'll probably be faster to get to that point with story quests and all that rather than 45 combined levels of leve/hest grind.
  • So, I think I fucked up and bought 2 copies of this game I had no plans to buy at all... I guess that means I have a code to give away if anyone wants it.
    how much was it? I've been eyeing this thread with semi-interest...
  • Morremac Mallomar is coming to heal your shit
    (thanks to squirrel!)
  • NO DAVEDAVE WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU ARE LOST TO OUR CAUSE

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO BEEFY BUSINESSMAN
  • What is that on his face?
  • It's an arrow to point out where his nose is located. Very handy.
  • pugilist alt:
  • i made an alt today called rum baba and i like her starting area more so maybe she will be my main. shes an archer
  • ive now started many alts
  • man my hat in the arcanist opening cut scene is dumb as shit
  • It's up to you, but you don't need alts. Once you hit 15-ish anyone can go anywhere, and anyone can be any job.
  • It's up to you, but you don't need alts. Once you hit 15-ish anyone can go anywhere, and anyone can be any job.
    But you need alts to be able to be every race.
    And even more for every subrace.
    And both genders of everything.

• also min maxing which is probably dumb.
  • edited January 2014
    Bringing Blacksmithing, Cooking, and Leatherworking to 15 has given me:

Quick Synthesis (+++ Progress, --- Success)
    Hasty Touch (Free +Quality, but - Success)
    and some thing that gives me 50% less durability loss for 5 turns

So now my crafting process is:
    Inner Quiet (stacking +Quality buff)
    Steady Hand (+Success for 5 turns)
    50% Less Durabiltiy
    Get Progress within 1 Move of Finishing
    HASTY TOUCH HASTY TOUCH HASTY TOUCH HASTY TOUCH
    GO TO: STEADY HAND
    REPEAT
    FINISH

Gets ~20% chance of High Quality Item on same level stuff, pretty good. Crafting in this is actually kind of neat. But I wouldn't make it my day job.

Instead, it is my weekend job.
  • Fuuuuck crafting.
  • Nah it's actually pretty easy.
  • The fact that it's actually an involved process instead of a progress bar you watch and wait on is nice.

I made an alt, the world shall beware the axe of Coby Malus, cat-man!
  • Can you still lose materials on a fail?
  • Ya, but failure is under your control now.
  • Yeah, but unless you use the auto chances are you will not fail.
  • edited January 2014
    Some stuff being added next month, and apparently this is just the first half of the information since Square is weird and unveils every patch info in halves.

Summoning Bell in Revenant's Toll
    New Features for the Market Board
    * Adjustment on Off-hand Gear
    * Wish List feature
    Summon minions and mounts out at random
    'Dhorme Chimera' and 'Hydra' added to Duty Finder
    Gearsets will automatically replace Main Arm item when not available, rather than breaking the gearset
    Cooldown timer for Timeworn Maps
    Character stats with effect Quick Synthesis success rates
    Gear Dye previews
    Notification feature for Party Finder
    Party Invitation decline feature
    Mog Mail history
    New Achievement Rewards
    New feature to reselect Focus Target
    Map Marker feature
    More action Icons for Macros
    New command to have Characters look towards the camera
    Characters will get soaked and wet during rainy weather
    Potential targets will have a glowing outline around them when moused over.

The Lightning event will make a return for most of the month as well.

And then the first half of the info on the March Update infor.

A Third Tier of Allagan Tomestones
    New Fishing Challenges - God-fish/Legend-fish.
    New crafting recipes
    iLvl increased with new gear
    New hairstyles from the Aesthetician
    Leviathan has been confirmed as the next appearing Primal. It will make its story and battle debut in 2.2
    Primal of the Sahagin Beast Tribe
    Hard Mode and Extreme Mode
    King Moogle Mog XII Extreme Mode battle
    New Dungeon called Ampador Township
    Hard Mode versions of Halatali and Brayflox's Longstop
    Beast Tribe dailies for Sahagin and Kobolds
    Gilgamesh FATE battle

"Glamours"
    Vanity gear slots, weapon skins

And then 2.3 will bring in Shiva and Ramuh primal battles.

Also, in either 2.2 or 2.3 it appears Free Companies(guilds) will be able to capture Odin and use him for... something.

Beyond that, Gold Saucer and Chocobo Farm are in the works.
  • RUM BABA
    youre coming over to my side! Except I always hated that shit as a kid, but now i love it.
  • I just made a character, Banchoko Flam. It is pretty fun so far. Just doing some quests and trying to figure out what everything does.
  • who wants to play tonight?
  • One White brother down, one more to go.
  • edited January 2014
    Three more to go technically but I don't think the other two even own computers so unless this game plays on rocks or babies I think you're fucked.

We'll probably be around if people need babby dungeons.
  • I only counted the cool ones.