User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Persona 5/Q/Arena Ultimax/Dancing All Night Thread

Comments

• edited October 2014
    So does anyone here have Ultimax?

I own it on PS3 if anyone wants to play I think we should pick a server... even though I'm a total scrub.

Central Shopping District > Chariot? I'll probably only be on during the weekends. Come kick my ass if you want. Also my PSN is RickyRico.
  • Poetry after Dave's own heart.
  • Give me Persona 5!

Also Dancing All Night's op theme.

• edited February 2015
    We Persona 2 again?

I'd say that's Sho in a mask but his eyes turned blue at the end of P4U.
  • edited February 2015

P5 trailer went live!

event poster

All Out Attack shot
  • edited February 2015
    Ahhhh! This is stylish as fuck!

Also I guess this might be his main Persona.

• edited February 2015
    We got character names

Blonde guy - Ryuuji Sakamoto
    Twintails - Anzu Takamaki
    Cat - Morgana

Equipment - Weapon, Gun, Protector, Accessory, Clothes
    Enemies were summonable Demons, namely Sandman and Pyro Jack, instead of Shadows.

It's back to Persona 1 and 2 setup with that.

Little gameplay cuts showed minor platforming and stealth dashing between cover to sneak past guards in burglaries.

Igor's back with twins dressed up as jailers with what looks like protag's velvet room being a jail cell.

• Yes, yes, yes. I want this. I want this now, please.
  • edited February 2015
    I don't think that was a shadow at the end of the trailer.

The blue fire, the glass break sound as it peaks, the characters might turn into their persona.

Party might represent the seven deadly sins, or they're used against you somehow. The text over the cat running read: Ira, Gula, Luxuria, Superbia, Acedia, Invidia, Avaritia.

No Social Link slot on the pause menu. Instead it said Cooperation.
  • Ye, I too think it implied a transformation. Though I wonder if it's just a visual thing during special attacks and spells like old persona summoning was previously. Otherwise any kind of permanent persona mode would result in a DDS situation where there is no reason to ever be human in a fight.
  • Considering everything else I think they're going back to Persona 2's setup.

If social links are gone I wonder how they pace out the days, unless you do it by planning heists and stuff and your contacts are the new links.
  • I don't believe they will ditch social links. I think that Social Links was a big part of what made P3 and 4 so hugely popular and just throwing them away would be stupid. There might be adjustments, but the system will be there in one form or another.
  • Before I try to sleep, hi-res picture.

• Otherwise any kind of permanent persona mode would result in a DDS situation where there is no reason to ever be human in a fight.
    Null Light
  • I don't think I've ever seen a trailer so proud of its menus. But also, they should probably be pretty proud of those menus.
  • So a thing I learned today was that Social Links are only called that in the localized versions. It's called Commu in the japanese versions so Cooperation is likely just a new moniker for them.
  • Protag's persona is Arsene, it has a huge top hat, metal claws, and black bird wings that drape it like a thief's cloak.
  • So we're playing as Lupin the Fifth, then? Sounds good to me.
  • I have a feeling Blonde Guy is gonna do some cool stuff

Full image of Arsene came up today.
  • I wonder if it's gonna be another "just get rid of this persona" situation. That was one thing that kinda threw me off about P4 was Izanagi you pretty much never come back to. I held on to it forever until I realized you just need to get rid of it.
  • I wonder if it's gonna be another "just get rid of this persona" situation. That was one thing that kinda threw me off about P4 was Izanagi you pretty much never come back to. I held on to it forever until I realized you just need to get rid of it.
    Probably. They need to have their pokemon aspect in there. Same thing happened in P3. And in P2 and 1 you switch personas for all of your characters, so none of the starting ones matter beyond promotional material.

Well, except in Innocent Sin where you can play first half of the game with just the starting personas if you don't want to bother with grinding to get new ones.
  • I am sure you will only use that Persona for a bit then get rid of it till you get the super form.
  • I am sure you will only use that Persona for a bit then get rid of it till you get the super form.
    Super form which requires more effort and grind than a sane man is willing to put into the game, thus it's actually never seen again.

• edited February 2015
    I wonder if it's gonna be another "just get rid of this persona" situation. That was one thing that kinda threw me off about P4 was Izanagi you pretty much never come back to. I held on to it forever until I realized you just need to get rid of it.
    I like to fuse back down to make a really strong starting persona, usually a buffed up version of its move set though I wish I could make it more ridiculous like get Izanagi Hassou-Tobi and Thunder Reign. Have to settle on Vorpal Blade and Ziodyne.

edit: Bigger, non-shopped pic with a gameplay screen of Arsene summoned. I really like the effect of it being this misty phantom of blue fire. Apparently somewhere in the magazine it says Arsene's element is fire.
    Spoiler:

Box art. Looks really nice.
  • 菜々子 ファイトだよっ~!

• Oh, it gets better. Just wait till you get to the Persona part.
  • "Letz daaaaaaaaaaaaanz!"

• Same trailer, just with english voices. No Tanaka shopping channel at the end, though. They also replaced Female Voice 1 with a nobody.
  • Apparently Persona 5 is coming out here this year here. Thought it would get pushed back to 2016 for everywhere else.
  • Yeah, that one shocked me. I kinda wish they had something more than the JP trailer for E3. They don't even appear to have released any screenshots of work they've done. I understand if you can't show anything new, but it would boost my confidence if you could show you've been translating what we've already seen.
  • edited June 2015
    Dancing All Night opening.

• Here it is on some second rate site since its getting deleted on youtube.

https://vid.me/TmOd

• Hay, who's dat?

• So was Persona Q any good? It's on sale on the eShop right now apparently.
  • edited July 2015
    Persona Q was pretty good, maybe didn't go hard enough into either of its parts but still good.

Yeah... no. I get they don't expect this too move to well out of Japan but getting a new voice actor who doesn't sound like she was directed too well, or is just straight reading the script, really isn't helping.

I think at this point the only returning member of the original cast is Bosch.
  • Yukiko, Yosuke, and Nanako are returning too.

• Delayed until Summer 2016. Make it even better.
  • No one cares about Marie, the good character is here.

• (I knew there was a threat somewhere)

Persona 5 comes out in Japan September 15.

Still looks super dope.

• edited May 2016

I've already seen what I've needed to see, you guys can enjoy the subbed version of that trailer. My only questions are when is it coming out and when can I preorder?
  • In the live stream where trailer was released they mentioned that there will be new info at E3, that probably means release date for US/rest of the world, excluding Europe who gets the game two years late, as Atlus hates us.