User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

Giant Bomb

Comments

• We already have Yakuza and Fast and Furious, we're ok for endurance runs right now.
  • Dan is so lucky to find a girlfriend like Bianca. I can't imagine wanting/allowing myself to be married in a taco bell.
  • edited April 12
    The contest page says, among other things, they won a taco bell garter. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Am I wrong in thinking Dan is white trash because this is the trashiest thing imaginable.
  • The list of of prizes should end with: ...fully catered by Taco Bell and last but not least an all night stay at our best toilet.
  • Yeah, my graph for liking Dan:

At first questionable, but a breath of fresh air in GB crew

Then I started to like him and thought some of his antics were cute

Now I couldn't be any more polarized in the opposite opinion and am pretty over the shtick.
  • DG_Nick said:

Dan is so lucky to find a girlfriend like Bianca. I can't imagine wanting/allowing myself to be married in a taco bell.

This may be a situation where two people wanting to get married in a taco bell have quarantined each other from the general population so the infection can't spread. :cold_sweat:

• I choose in good faith to believe it is a decision made out of "what company will pay for our wedding?" But I've not done my research on the options.
  • I brought a book and a picnic basket. I think I'll sit here where the shades being thrown the most.
  • I expect the next beastcast to have Dan being super sincere about how awesome he thinks this is.
  • I think I have just lived with the fact that Dan is an actual cartoon character given life. There is no other explanation for me.
  • Someday I will draft a defence of Dan and a criticism of Mass Effect 2 and I don't know which opinion will draw more ire.
  • I don't know exactly what you'd say about ME2 but I would provisionally back you.
  • As some who bounced hard of Horizon Zero Dawn I can imagine a reasonable criticism of ME2 far more easily than someone defending a 30 something who refuses to do dishes.
  • I came around on a second play through of ME2. Especially coming back to it after a few years and playing ME1 so close behind it. ME1 kinda felt not as good as I remember and 2 capitalized on the combat more. But the story is still better in the first. And I like the characters more generally.
  • I said this on twitter once but the quality of the gameplay and story of the games are inversely related.
  • What if I was to tell you that I think ME3 is better than ME?
  • Also, I prefer Dan now over anyone left on the West coast except for Jeff
  • Is anyone left on the west coast except jeff??????
  • I like semi-guest character Will Smith?
  • Eoghan said:

Also, I prefer Dan now over anyone left on the West coast except for Jeff

Rorie is a human Lalafell but would you like him better if he said he didn't own plates because he thought washing them was a waste of time?
  • I'm a subscriber to the no plate lifestyle. Paper plates are superior
  • I feel like you have a better excuse than "I don't feel like it"
  • There is no better reason
  • In fairness to Dan, the paper plates thing was when he was in college, the time when pretty much everyone does something stupid when it comes to food and/or cleaning.
  • Glassware is crapware
  • Getter said:

Glassware is crapware

I'll defend Dan but you're on your own here, Getter.
  • Shun the nonbeliever.
  • I'm worried all these clips of the films and 40s thing is just gonna lead to me buying a box set of Fast and Furious.
  • I didn't even realize you could free look in the cabaret club training scenes. It seems obvious in retrospect but I'm honestly gobsmacked.
  • Easily the best moment in the Battleground thing they did today. Good job Jeff.

• edited April 25
    That's 1:19:00 for anybody the timestamp isn't working for.

• Why would you want them on the sides?
  • Austin, Patrick, and Alex did a Nier spoilercast if anyone else has played through the game.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/giant-bombs-alex-navarro-joins-us-to-spoil-nier-automata?utm_source=wptwitterus
  • https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/welcome-new-hires/1100-5609/

So Ben Pack, former intern, coming to GB West. White guy, they know him, very safe choice. My memory is that he's kind of like a tall Brad. Very disappointing.

Abby Russell, don't know her, but she's coming to be a producer at GB East. Nice to have a woman on the team after a decade.
  • edited May 1
    While I understand where you're coming from people often hire interns with the potential goal of hiring them full time. I'm sure you know this.
  • He hasn't been an intern for the past five years. When the fuck were they planning to hire him?
  • To be fair, he is a giant, and giants lack representation.
  • I have no idea who either of them are, but I hope they are good additions. Especially in the west because they NEED it.
  • edited May 1
    DG_Nick said:

He hasn't been an intern for the past five years. When the fuck were they planning to hire him?

I'm just saying that's a pretty common practice. You've worked with this person before and you know how they work. We've hired people at my work that seem great during an interview and turn into fucking nightmare on the job. It's expensive to hire someone like that. People also tend to hire previous colleagues that have a good track record. I mostly disagree with that practice but it's a bit lower risk than a total stranger. So yeah, hiring him is the safe bet, way safer than most people. Granted I can't say who else applied but there was a very good chance someone with those credentials would be hired.
  • I have no idea who either of them are, but I hope they are good additions. Especially in the west because they NEED it.

Holy hell have the last few bombcasts been hard to listen to. I typically listen to everything and 1.2 speed, but for those I bumped it to 1.8.
  • I think Ben Pack was a fast karate listener at some point? I recognize his twitter name.
  • Look, I just don't understand why you feel the need to explain that to me. I clearly understand they have a past relationship. That's what my whole criticism is about. You don't need to make up excuses for Giant Bomb, you don't work for them.
  • edited May 2
    So you're just disappointed that they decided not to risk the integrity of their business?

I'm only explaining it because I'm not sure what your background is. If you've been in a position with a bad hire for an agile business, then you know it sucks. I'm not making excuses, I just know what it's like to be in that hiring situation.
  • Yeah but any hire risks the "integrity" of the business. That would be the case no matter who they hired. I also feel like you're disregarding the hiring process, which is literally all about scruntizing the backgrounds and characters of people.
  • Dave, you're correct! He tweeted at you three times back in 2011. https://twitter.com/search?q=fastkarate from:PackBenPack&src=typd
  • Dude... I'm never going to piss you off.