User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

The deals thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited June 2016
    New Product alert!

We have hand-set a Swarovski crystal in each enameled, gold plated plumeria component. Earrings feature coordinating Swarovski crystals on a gold filled ear wire. Choose from six colors in gold tone, or let us know what color you want to add above the white flower. Special introductory price on Facebook only $22 plus shipping. (Original earring style pictured on the right for comparison.)

Silver tone is also available, and we do these components as necklaces (either wire strung with Swarovski crystals, or a gold-filled or silver box chain.)

I'm the one who does the hand-setting.

• WAIT NO, THIS ONE!
  • edited July 2016
    Pretty good PSN sale going on right now, picked up The Fall and The Bridge for $5.
  • Doom is already only like 35 dollars on that sale and as you have already heard everywhere it is a fantastic game
  • https://www.amazon.com/Exclusive-Omakase-featuring-Nakashima-Wristband/dp/B01FSKZA10?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=cheapassgam08-20

Some of you Kill la kill people might be interested in this. It was a loot crate type thing originally but it looks like you can just straight order it from amazon now.
  • Another PSN flash sale, going until Tuesday (8/22).
  • Humble Bundle is teaming up with PSN and Capcom to bring
    Okami HD PS3
    Resident Evil 0 PS4
    Resident Evil PS4
    Devil May Cry Trilogy PS3
    Megaman 9 an 10 PS3
    Strider PS4/ PS3
    And other games for about 1, 8, and 16 bucks.
  • Klei games are on sale on Steam still for the next 14 hours, so if you want to pick up Don't Starve, Invisible Inc., Mark of the Ninja, Darkest Dungeon, Crypt of the Necrodancer, or the Shank games, now's the time!
  • I wish they would bring mark of the ninja to PS4 since that's where I have the rest of that list.
  • So if you use this code you get 10% off. Might be good to use for FF15 and other things.

• There's some 3 for $30 sale on the Bandai Namco website which will give you Steam keys. You have to choose one game per tier, and their tiering is kinda weird. Like some will have DLC on one tier and the game on another, which may work for some. There wasn't really anything on there that I was interested in or didn't already have. Although that would have been a much better price for God Eater than I paid.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/holiday-sale
  • There's some 3 for $30 sale on the Bandai Namco website which will give you Steam keys. You have to choose one game per tier, and their tiering is kinda weird. Like some will have DLC on one tier and the game on another, which may work for some. There wasn't really anything on there that I was interested in or didn't already have. Although that would have been a much better price for God Eater than I paid.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/holiday-sale
  • There's a PS Store flash sale and the one thing that caught my eye was Dark Cloud 2 for $5. I remember playing some of the first but I had always heard that the second one was a much better game.
  • Sky Blue Designs Jewelry Sale!

Looking to change your style for spring? Use LOVE20 at the Sky Blue Designs site at http://www.skybluedesigns.com to get 20% off your order! While the sale officially ends tomorrow, you can use the coupon after that (and if it doesn't work, send a message through the Sky Blue Designs Facebook page and she will hook you up.)

Nicole has made a bunch of new products in the last couple of weeks. We travelled to Manhattan over holiday break and hit some wholesale bead warehouses. I think my favorite was the one where we had to get buzzed in by the owner, who interviewed Nicole in the lobby before he would let us come up--"what are you interested in? Czech or Chinese? And what do you do with it, can I see some pictures? Oh, you brought your business license, right? And we're open to wholesale buyers only, by the way..." Then we go up and the place is just a back office, no windows, a maze of these boxes just packed full of random assortments of bags, 25 pounds per box (which is several thousand beads) stacked five deep and eight stacks per row. The place was a maze made of dry cardboard, if there'd been a spark we'd have died. Nicole had a great time rooting through piles, saying "oh this is cool, OH THIS IS SO COOL, oh my gosh these are SUPER expensive retail". We found beads labeled "made in Czechoslovakia", that's how far back some of this guy's stock went.

Anyway, so she's made several new products with her stuff already, and some other new things for the spring season:

Blue "fan set" necklace with agate stones and Czech-glass string:

Blue all-Czech necklaces with large and small beads:

Clear glass hearts with metalized-coating icons inside:

Swarovski crystal stars with sterling-silver ear wires:

Swarovski crystal grape clusters:

Fun lampwork earrings of dog and cat faces, paw prints, hands, etc:

Another fun thing that Nicole did recently was to provide giveaway earrings for a "swag bag". Another seller was doing a private screening of "Fifty Shades Darker" to promote her MLM sex-toy business (it's actually a bit classier than I make it sound but I forgot what the name of the business was.) Nicole offered to make grey Czech-glass earrings to go with the theme, and she made a full set as a raffle prize. She used beads from the mysterious Manhattan warehouse to do it, and had a lot of fun. Here's an in-work shot; if you like how this looks, she'll be happy to make one for you! Contact her through the Sky Blue Designs Facebook page.

• Happy Pi Day! Happy Birthday Albert Einstein! Happy Birthday Billy Crystal! And Happy Birthday to the Artist! You know what that means. It's time for our annual sale! Yes, you get the birthday present. Visit www.skybluedesigns.com and use coupon code BIRTHDAY in your shopping cart to save 30% off your entire order. Act fast because this offer expires at midnight tonight (Pacific Time).
  • Payday 2 is free on Steam right now.
  • Late on this and expires in 7 and a half hours but Rosetta Stone has a father's day sale for their subscriptions, seems reasonable enough that I thought I would try out the 6 month one.

http://www.rosettastone.com/lp/sbsr/dadsaleafi/?cid=af-cj-gr-dadsaleafibof&utm_source=commissionjunction&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=dadsale&utm_campaign=textlink
  • Hey, anybody want some jewelry?

Happy Prime Number Day! (We're all fashionable nerds here, right? ) Each number of the date today is a prime number, which is a number divisible only by itself and 1. So 7, 11, and 17 are all prime numbers. As is 23. So TODAY ONLY, save 23% off your entire purchase at our website when you use the coupon code:

JULY11

As an added bonus for anyone who places a web order, if you can tell me the other nerdy number thing happening this week, you will get a free pair of Czech glass earrings. Make sure you type your answer in the comments of your *web order* (or send me a private message) and *not* the comments of the Facebook post. Got it? Got it!
  • https://www.gog.com/game/jotun
    There's no better deal than free.