User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

The deals thread

edited February 2011 in Go Away Spammers
If ya got a deal for anything, put it here.

Full Metal panic 2nd raid blu-ray for $30
Haven't actually seen it but I've heard it looks good.

Irresoponsible Captain Tylor also for $30
Now this I've heard plenty of good things about.

Comments

• Amazon is offering $3.00 worth of free .MP3s.
  • Amazon has Dragon Age: Origins on PC for $37.95, and Halo 3: ODST on X360 for $39.99.

Steam has KOTOR for $2.49, and Left 4 Dead 2 for $37.49, and if you get the 4 pack with some friends its $28.12 per.

Edit: Thanks Madness, I followed that link and already have two shiny high quality mp3's on my computer. You helped me track down a song I've wanted for quite a while, thanks!
  • "S1licon" said:
    Edit: Thanks Madness, I followed that link and already have two shiny high quality mp3's on my computer. You helped me track down a song I've wanted for quite a while, thanks!
    No problem!
  • I choose you, Amazmon! Use anime sale!
  • Holy crap!

-Drops $100-
  • Those prices are pretty close to what you can get at right stuf when they have the 40% sales from each company
  • Those prices are pretty close to just waiting for Deep Discount's semi-yearly 50% off sale which is better.
  • Discotek has free shipping in all his titles :D
    Got Lupin 3rd Episode 0 : First Encounter
  • Shin Megami Devil Survivor and The World Ends with You on sale for 20 and 15 bucks on amazon. Both are very, very good DS games that are worth the price.
  • No More Heroes 2 on Amazon for $34. Today only I think.
  • The Walking Dead Compendimum is 37% off and selling for 38 bucks on amazon. Collects issues 1-48. Also the 2nd Omnibus' are on sale collecting issues 24-48 each.
  • Fuuuuck, I've already bought a couple of those but that's still tempting...

Quick, someone tell me it's too big and unmanageable.
  • it's too big and unmanageable
  • Nah, it's not that bad.
  • K-mart (yes they're still open) ishaving a huge game sale from 05/04-05/08

Includes: AvP, Bayonetta, FFXIII, Darksiders, CoD2, Metro2033 and Halo ODST for $30 and Nier for $45

also has something about Reach.

http://blogs.mykmart.com/
  • Evangelion 1.11 Blue-Rei for 17 dollars
  • I'd rather buy WH40k:DoWII bundle for 20.
  • Get both.
  • I probably should.
  • Super Street Fighter IV is on sale for less than 28 bucks on Amazon
  • "Digitalguardian" said:
    Evangelion 1.11 Blue-Rei for 17 dollars
    14 Now :(
  • They're pretty much giving away a HDMI cable for less than $3.50 Even if you don't need one at the moment, there is a high chance you will sometime in the future and this is a deal you can't pass up.
  • "God" said:
    They're pretty much giving away a HDMI cable for less than $3.50 Even if you don't need one at the moment, there is a high chance you will sometime in the future and this is a deal you can't pass up.
    Who now?
  • You can get HDMI cables year-round for that price on monoprice.
  • I bought a couple of HDMI cables for my 360. Not the microsoft brand, though. It turns out that the brands I bought both caused the color to go all washed-out and gray. I never had problems like that with the non-Sony HDMI cables I bought for the PS3. Can anybody confirm what HDMI brands work well with the 360?
  • "xenomouse" said:
    Who now?

I guess know who it is that's doing the sale, would be pretty important information

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U

It's less than 3.50 including shipping, which is the best deal I can find

I've mostly been able to trust the HDMI cables I've bought off of Amazon and online computer stores. I had bought a cheap one from Target for 10 dollars once and it was crap. I think the picture quality of the HDMI cord that I use to extend my desktop and play my PS3 is good, but I don't have anything to compare it with.
  • Steam super sale.
  • 6 free bucks for Amazon's Video on Demand Service
  • Kmart sellin' peace walker for 20
  • "Digitalguardian" said:
    Kmart sellin' peace walker for 20
    I'll probably get this.
  • For the next few hours (or until they run out), Amazon's gold box has all 8 of the Horatio Hornblower movies for 25 bucks.
  • Amazon is giving away Amazon Prime for a year to college students. I had started trying the free one month trial and I have been absolutely loving it for the past three weeks.
  • Telltale Games is having a sale due to comic-con, but its almost over.
  • RightStuf is having a Vertical manga sale (33% off) until 8/5. Time to stock up on your Tezuka stuff and maybe a few other things.
  • Splinter cell 360 $20
  • 6 Adventure games for $20 and benefits charity
  • Tales of Monkey Island for 5 bones for Talk like a Pirate Day.
  • Amazon is having a big blu-ray anime sale

I'm glad to see Samurai Champloo is again a crazy good 60% off because I missed out on the last sale.
  • http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

6am is "A different kind of first-person shooter" Borderlands? Fallout 3?
    8am deal is bad company 2
    10am is mafia 2
    12am is bioshock 2
    3pm is FF13
    5pm is some "gaming" headset
    6pm is "Trolling for a great deal? Look no further..."
    8pm is Just Cause 2
  • CABELLA'S NORTH AMERICAN ADVENTURES 2011?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!
  • http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279000&page=87

This is relevant for steam users
  • Amazon is having a two for $30 deal on some older titles
  • You probably all know, Batman GOTY steam sale.

$7.50
  • Best Buy has the limited edition Tekken 6 set for 30 dollars in store. It comes with a Hori fightstick, artbook, and Tekken. It's worth it just to get a fight stick for that cheap.
  • Too late to be posting about dat.
  • I thought that it was just a week long deal too, but my Best Buy had made 29.99 the regular price, with not sign or anything saying it was a special. I can only assume that that's the new MSRP until they clear their stock.
  • Went to the Best Buy here in Florida and found Yakuza 4 was $20 off. I bought it because I was planning on buying it anyways , but didn't this game just come out yesterday?
  • I'm a little cranky because I bought it on Amazon on Monday for normal price and now I have to return THAT copy.