User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

The "I feel awesome today" thread.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    looks like everything's coming up Milhouse.

Someone bought the pieces of jewelry that I designed and made with our 3D printer, and I am actually as proud of that as I am of anything I ever did as a rocket scientist.
  • I found the Native American Cultural Center and they seem to have accepted me. They said I could come over whenever and I'm happy because it looks like this year I might actually have friends.

Moving to a new town, going from Oklahoma to Upstate NY was rough last year, especially since I didn't have any friends, but this year I gathered up courage to find others and I remembered not to try to hard and just be myself because that's all I need to be if I want to make friends :)
  • WHAT PART OF UPSTATE NY?
  • exagenous said:

WHAT PART OF UPSTATE NY?

Rochester, I got a pretty cool job at U of R.
  • lame, ithaca is way better (because i'm in it)
  • It feels good finally knowing what I need in life and in a relationship. Breaking up was the best thing I could have done
  • Lol, I've foun
    exagenous said:

lame, ithaca is way better (because i'm in it)

Neat! Last year we went to Ithaca twice, once for the Cornell tournament and the second for a tournament at Ithaca College. I know we had one coach commute from Ithaca for our bi-weekly meetings lol.
  • You two will have to hold some sort of get together. A 'Fast Convention for the Gentleman,' if you will.
  • "It feels good finally knowing what I need in life and in a relationship. Breaking up was the best thing I could have done"

I felt like a real turd after I broke up, but I realized that it was as much a part of growing as anything else--having the experience of Breaking Up and getting through it, and of recognizing that it was possible for a relationship to reach that state.

Oh, I certainly could have handled it better--I held on longer than I should have and caused her a lot of emotional distress. I will always be grateful that she helped me see that I could be desirable and attractive to someone, and that I was looking for someone, not just anyone.
  • Had my first proper date in like 3 years. Went pretty well. Talked for like 3 hours and made plans for next week. I think I like her! We are both feeling things out I think but I got my fingers crossed.
  • Looks like love is in the air in the forum :)
  • Yayyyyyy!
  • Congrats on the relationships, and stuff dudes!
  • Man, my school year is going so much better than last year. I'm actually enjoying teaching for once! My kids are actually nice and polite this year!!!
  • I'm very glad to hear that!
  • You guys are back to classes already? We're still putting the building back together up here. Don't get teachers back until the 29th.
  • Was just offered a job at a place that will completely cover my trans surgeries. So I will probably be getting them next spring!
  • That's wonderful!
  • That is fantastic! What's the job?
  • Working at a coffee place.

Just had a great double date. Me, my partner, my partner's other partner, and the new person I've been hanging out with but not atcually officially dating yet, all went to an aquarium that was 2 hours away. It was my new person's first time spending time with my partner or their boyfriend yet it went really well and it wasn't akward at all.
  • My seven year old niece has expressed an interest in making a game. Well, an app, but I convinced her to try a game first. She's sitting next to me, learning the basics of coding on her iPad. Love this kid, my little nerd sidekick.
  • I have a second partner now. They are hella.
  • Heading to San Diego to visit a supplier. I miss my wife and I wish I could bring her along, but at the same time I have never felt so much like a For-Reals Grown-Up as when I travel for work.
  • I moved to a new city recently and I really like it here.
  • What is the new city?
  • The east side of Milwaukee
  • Genuinely forgot how stressful classes are, but somehow I am taking classes and also working! And since the state is paying for my classes and my meals and my dorm, I'm putting all of my money into a proto-retirement fund. And I got glasses so that I can read!

adulthood is icky and I miss being able to eat ice cream and watch robot anime and now i lack the money to do either
  • Yossarian said:

Genuinely forgot how stressful classes are, but somehow I am taking classes and also working! And since the state is paying for my classes and my meals and my dorm, I'm putting all of my money into a proto-retirement fund. And I got glasses so that I can read!

adulthood is icky and I miss being able to eat ice cream and watch robot anime and now i lack the money to do either

Soon, you will get money to do that and more.
  • Been doing a ride along with fire rescue all day. So far had someone fly off the highway and slam into a tree, and had a residential fire. Nobody was hurt from either. It's fun! Can't wait to do one with PD.
  • Minor awesome but I finally got a new laptop and just wrote this post by hand, with a stylus. Cool shit. Never doing this again.
  • Congratulations to both of you.
  • Going tomorrow to get my toungue and septum pierced. My end game for my toungue is to split it after it heals from the piercing.
  • Game 7 was pretty good.
  • Game starts with a home run, then Chicago desperately needed to relieve their relief pitcher.
  • Maybe he just needed to ...relief himself.
  • I'm helping my parents move into their beach house this weekend. The new place is incredible and I'm very happy for them. Also we will drink good beer and eat good food hopefully.
  • Eating solid food for the first time since the piercing. I've never missed shitty resturant food so much.
  • Best part is that i now have an adorable lisp
  • What's the link?
  • edited November 2016
    The forum seems to be automatically linking directing to the Tumblr image, even on a straight image post. That's goddamn weird. I extended the link to the text up there too. http://edmundjuniper.tumblr.com/post/152849522187

Edit #700: I think it's because the forum is automatically resizing the image because it's 1280p originally.
  • I meant the link to the stream
  • haha, that's cute!
  • Oh! Well I stream over at https://www.twitch.tv/wealthyaardvark , and the archive of that particular stream is currently https://www.twitch.tv/wealthyaardvark/v/99572348 , for however long that video lasts before Twitch deletes it.
  • My fiancee use to live in Thailand, and we had been talking about going there for our honeymoon to visit all their friends who can't make it to Ohio for our wedding. What we decided we are going to try to do is use their connections in the Thai ESL program (who have been asking them to teach thare for years) to move there for a year or two and teach/visit east Asia.