User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

What Are You Watching / Listening Right Now ?

Comments

• Minor Threat is just a minor threat compared to the other crazy shit out there.....they were still awesome though. You seem pretty safe and non-violent.
  • SNORT WHITE SHIT, UP MY NOSE, PASSING OUT, AT ALL THE SHOWS.
  • Jesus I need to get a bigger Mp3 player.

I have thousands of songs ranging from Metal, Punk and Classic Rock to Orchestral, Hip-Hop, and New Age Instrumental.
  • edited July 2007
    Just saw the pilot for Jekyll on the BBC. It's really cool stuff. They set the conflict between Jekyll and Hyde in a modern setting, and I didn't know how well that would work, but they pulled it off great. I was afraid they would go overboard on the special effects, but apart from a slightly altered hairstyle and the occasional use of false teeth, Hyde looks perfectly normal. It's the actor who makes him monstrous through the subtle deviancies he gives him. I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they've incorporated a Sector Seven-esque group of Hyde hunters to the show, but I figure there has to be a third party involved in the conflict to keep it interesting. Still, they could have just had Jekyll and Hyde being chased by the police instead of some men in black armed with some knowledge of J&H's ambiguous past, because now it'll be pretty hard to meet the expectations it hopes to raise.
  • a podcast
  • JC Chasez and Robin Thicke.

And AWO's show that had Pink Sniper on it.
  • "Bass_kat" said:
    JC Chasez and Robin Thicke.

And AWO's show that had Pink Sniper on it.
    Any anime with the word "pink" in it is a diceroll, so I definitely need to check that episode out.
  • It's not an anime. It's a hentai manga that Clarissa reviewed on Episode #46.
  • I was hoping it was about a fruity fashion designer with a custom M-16.

He makes people over to be fabulous, and then kills them, because he is stone cold.
  • If he was stone cold.......why would he care about their fashion sense in the first place :?
  • If he was stone cold.......why would he care about their fashion sense in the first place
    Golgo 13 is stone cold, and doesn't seem to get any enjoyment out of sleeping with all those women, but he does it anyway. Even if he's just killing time, he doesn't seem to be having any more fun than if he were playing minesweeper.
  • I think sleeping with women is probably the only thing that Golgo 13 enjoys.....that along with killing people. He gets the satisfaction of completely dominating women out of sex.

What would he get out of changing someone's fashion sense for the better?(better in his mind)
  • He wants to make sure they look lovely...to meet their MAKER!!!!

*bambambambambambambambambambambambambam*

This summer, John Leguizamo is...The Fashionista.
  • No, he's in The Kill Point damnit :x
  • GOLGO 13 IN: ASSASSIN EYE FOR THE CIVILIAN GUY
  • P.S.

I am jet black.
    I am stone cold.
    Jet black to the center.
    Funny like a funeral.
    I need you to bury me.
  • GOLGO 13 IN: ASSASSIN EYE FOR THE CIVILIAN GUY
    GOLGO 13: KILLER QUEEN
  • "Sony_CEO" said:
    I think sleeping with women is probably the only thing that Golgo 13 enjoys.....that along with killing people. He gets the satisfaction of completely dominating women out of sex.
    Now if only Golgo could combine both of those in 1 act ......
  • I remain unconvinced that Golgo 13 feels anything other than bored indifference, even during sex.
  • "djdrastic" said:
    [quote="Sony_CEO"]I think sleeping with women is probably the only thing that Golgo 13 enjoys.....that along with killing people. He gets the satisfaction of completely dominating women out of sex.
    Now if only Golgo could combine both of those in 1 act ......[/quote]

That's called a snuff film.
  • I remain unconvinced that Golgo 13 feels anything other than bored indifference, even during sex.
    Golgo 13 will only be happy at your birthday ... if you paid him to be happy at your birthday.
  • Is it just me, or do alot of threads seem to devolve into Golgo 13 threads?

Anyhoo,

Watching- Serial Experiments Lain
    Listening- Mclusky
    Reading- The intertubes
  • "Thalasion" said:
    Is it just me, or do alot of threads seem to devolve into Golgo 13 threads?
    Well he does pay the bills of Fast Karate's webhosting , so he does deserve his propers.
  • Watching:
    Claymore
    Genshiken
    Darker Than Black
    7 Samurai (1954) repeatedly
    Flight of the Concords
    Shark Week
    Charlie Rose

Listening:
    Transformers Soundtrack - Stan Bush
    Paprika Soundtrack
    P.I.C.
    Notorious MSG
    Replacements
    Bloodflowerz - Dark Love Poems
    Hironobu Kageyama
    Podcasts (AWO, Fast Karate, Goob, Lather, R5, NC, and others)

Reading:
    Monster Manga
    Welcome to the NHK Manga
    Portrait of a Young Man
    Lolita
  • Watching:

TriGun

Cowboy Bebop

Shoujo Kakumei Utena

M*A*S*H Season 4

300 on Blu Ray

Listening

1up Yours

Fast Karate

Geek Nights

AWO

Zeitgeist - Smashing Pumpkins

Reading

Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks

Xenocide - Orson Scott Card

Watchmen - Alan Moore (again)

Playing

Resistance

Gears of War

Spyglass Board Games

Dead Rising

Psychonauts
  • Psychonauts
    That is a great game.
  • "The Joel" said:
    Psychonauts
    That is a great game.
    Truth. Probably the most quoteable game in gaming history.

Raz: Wait, are you sure koachamara and your little friends won't mind me smashing up your city?
    Resistance Lungfish:No.
    Resistance Lungfish 3: Uh..no, no, no.
    Raz: So smashing up the town and breaking the prison, no ones gonna get mad and start shooting at me?
    Resistance Lungfish: No!
    Resistance Lungfish 2: ...Well, maybe one guy. But what's a whole lungfish navy to the mighty Goggalor?
    Raz: Wait, navy?
  • I picked up J Dilla's last album, Donuts. It's an instrumental hip hop album. It's pretty good. What attracted me to it were songs from the album that were being played in the background of a couple of adult swim bumps. Unfortunately 3 days after he released it, he died of Lupus and TTP. :(
  • I love Psychonauts - I need to play it more, but I'm on the 360 too much...
  • "MitchyD" said:
    I love Psychonauts - I need to play it more, but I'm on the 360 too much...
    You can play it on the 360 now too.
  • "MitchyD" said:
    I love Psychonauts - I need to play it more, but I'm on the 360 too much...
    I remember playing that when it first came out and a dick face that used to be my friend started making fun of me cause it wasn't Rainbow Six or Counter-Strike. Eh, we weren't that close anyway. :)
  • "Dreg" said:
    [quote="MitchyD"]I love Psychonauts - I need to play it more, but I'm on the 360 too much...
    You can play it on the 360 now too.[/quote]

Provided you don't own the PS2 version ;)
  • Push the little daisies and make em come up? :? I wondered what it would sound like if Eric Cartman was the lead singer in a band.
  • "xenomouse" said:
    Push the little daisies and make em come up? :? I wondered what it would sound like if Eric Cartman was the lead singer in a band.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8q86a9Dw8
  • "Sony_CEO" said:
    [quote="xenomouse"]Push the little daisies and make em come up? :? I wondered what it would sound like if Eric Cartman was the lead singer in a band.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8q86a9Dw8[/quote]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkJPiTIyZ8
  • I never knew who Ween was.......and now I wish I still didn't. :(
  • ween have some cool songs, but most of their stuff is too wierd for me to get into... and this is coming from someone who likes pretty wierd music.
  • 12 Country Greats was a strange offering by them. I'm not a Ween fan myself, but I can appreciate a band branching out.
  • I'm finally getting the second disc of Black Lagoon in the mail today. Trying to think of what I'm listening to right now I suddenly realized a concert I'm really anticipating is coming in about 10 days. I really need to start planning for that.
  • Watching: Ippo dvds, One Piece
    Listening: new Velvet Revolver and new Korn
    Just finished: Eureka 7
  • now watching: hot fuzz and invader zim
  • "Sony_CEO" said:
    [quote="xenomouse"]Push the little daisies and make em come up? :? I wondered what it would sound like if Eric Cartman was the lead singer in a band.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8q86a9Dw8[/quote]

Yeah, I am not a fan of that song...or the video apparently. I agree about the weirdness, but for all of that they have a lot of very listenable music. I actually love most of the ones on the country album. Other than that - some ween songs that dont make you wish you didnt have ears:

Even if You Dont
    Bananas and Blow
    Cold Blows the Wind
    She's Your Baby
    Stay Forever
    Baby Bitch
    What Deaner Was Talking About
    Buenas Tardes amigo

Yeah, when they keep the weirdness down, the songs are pretty much like regular music.
  • those are all pretty good, i also really like ocean man and voodoo lady, and i actually kinda like push the lil' dasies.
  • "davedave24" said:
    those are all pretty good, i also really like ocean man and voodoo lady, and i actually kinda like push the lil' dasies.
    PUSH THE LITTLE DAISIES AND MAKE THEM COME UP :shock:
  • "davedave24" said:
    and i actually kinda like push the lil' dasies.
    brave man. The most of the quebec album is also pretty nice, and easy on the ears. I am compulsively listening to Baby Bitch...
  • I just listened to the Black Heaven episode of FK, and Dave and Joel talked about defeating aliens with the power of rock. It made me think of this cartoon short that was made called war photographer. You can find it here War Photographer. It starts around 2:45
  • Coincidentally, I got my first real exposure to Ween this weekend (beyond one of my high school friend's literally masturbatory obsession with one of their album covers), and wasn't really turned off from it... but I guess I didn't hear any of the freaky weird songs? Then, it's been shown that I have a penchant for freaky, weird, stupid music... so it's possible I just didn't catch it 'coz I'm used to that crap.
    "exagenous" said:
    I just listened to the Black Heaven episode of FK, and Dave and Joel talked about defeating aliens with the power of rock.
    Lots of coincidences this weekend, I guess. I was espousing the virtues of Black Heaven as well, specifically how it's got one of the best endings of an anime ever (definitely in the top 5), thanks in no small part to the song that plays over the end. I have a strong desire to rewatch that show. It's really awesome.
  • I forgot to mention that War Photographer has a giant robot guitar battle.
  • "exagenous" said:
    I forgot to mention that War Photographer has a giant VIKING robot guitar battle.