User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

What Are You Watching / Listening Right Now ?

1169170171172173175»

Comments

• When Marnie was There is so pretty, but that ending sinks it so hard. Still better than Tales of Earthsea though
  • Yeah, one of my biggest beefs was that Anna as a character was just sort of shitty. Yeah sure I guess I can't connect with being a moody tween girl, but I feel like she went out of the way to be a jerk to people. Also yeah that ending *super fart noises*. I haven't seen Tales of Earthsea, but if it is worse I probably don't need to go out of my way to see it.

• So I have fallen down a huge Vietnamese rap hole and it has been wonderful. By far the biggest highlight is Suboi, she is magnificent.

Also after finishing Guilty Crown and Seraphim of the End I was coming back around on really hating anime again. They all lacked any interesting characters which is a big factor for liking an anime. Then a week ago I started Yu Yu Hakusho without any knowledge what the show was about..... Something about 80's anime just sings to me and brought me back into it. Just the natural goofiness of anime has dissapeared . The voices in Yu Yu Hakusho are great and I just love it. If the goofiness continues to be the shit that was Space Dandy, then I'm OUT!

• Jack is back
  • Yeah, It was family event in my house. It still one of few shows we all equally like.

That first episode felt so different because of him not having his sword. But in the upside the girls being raised montage was really good.
  • Logan was a pretty good movie, even is the little girl was the best performance in it. Get Out is still the best movie of the year.
  • So just finished the first 58 episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho and while I really enjoyed it, I think the show is bad. Don't see myself going out of the way to see the rest of it. Next up on the list is Rolling Girls!
  • YuYu Hakusho is one of those shows that you watch knowing it's not good but its charm carries it a lot of the way.
  • Valvrave is plenty goofy, up to a certain point. But if you have any faith in humanity remaining, it might take it from you, at the certain point.