User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

The "why I am miserable thread"

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Is this moving out to be closer to the emergency services job so you don't have the huge commute, or is the job going too?
  • Oh I'm not moving too far, maybe 30 minutes closer to work. I do have a place to crash if it goes poorly.
  • The plan is to go in on a place with a friend of mine for around $1300 a month. We've already looked at some nice places.
  • I hope this turns out well for you.
  • I've tried to swallow my needs and go at my mom's pace to make her feel better, but I can't really do that anymore. I'm unhappy
  • Well, first round of talks somehow went ok, no weeping and screaming!
  • YAY im proud of you, did it go ok?
  • It was going well! Then today I hit a wall and we got into a fight
  • Caesar was hit by a car and didn't survive. That's why I canned the stream rather suddenly. Then I streamed anyway because I didn't know what else to do.
    I took this photo of him last night because he looked so goofy while sleeping that I just started laughing. He's a good cat. I'm going to miss him so much.
  • Oh no I'm so so sorry, sweet Caesar :(
    Hope you're ok
  • Oh, poor boy! And poor you...
  • Sorry again, Eoghan. Despite his mischief, he was a good boy.
  • I'm so sorry, dude. :(
  • I'm really sorry for your loss.
  • Eoghan, that's terrible! So sorry for you. :(
  • Boss has been using that, "with exemption" clause to its fullest this summer...
  • edited August 14
    While trying searching an image macro I made a while back on twitter, I found an old conversation with a listener where I couldn't see the tweets of the person I was replying to. It ended up being because I'd muted him. So, like my dumb-ass always does, I clicked the timeline just to see what someone I'd muted for probably a super good reason, because I don't mute that many people, was up to.

His timeline was filled to the brim with like "don't politicize violence uwu" retweets from notch, sandwiched between which was a link to the Dead Kennedy's "Holiday in Cambodia," and the meteoric irony of that is just *CHEF'S KISS EMOJI^10000*

...also like two more tweets down from that is his full-blown thread about how Robert E Lee was SUPER not into slavery and was just doin' it for that states...

which is like...

naw, dog...

he really, really, REALLY liked slavery.
  • I really wish I remembered this thread this past weekend, cause boy did I need it then. Charlottesville is 2 hours away from me so when I woke up and checked twitter on Saturday I almost didn't get back out of bed. I did get up but by the end of the day all I wanted to do was sit down and watch the Ducktales pilot on loop
  • I'm likely going to get activated and live at work for a few days or more in a building with 80 people and a single shower and no beds or space. The money will be great, but not knowing if I'll have a home to come back to is a scary thought.
  • It took me a second to figure out that you meant because of the hurricane. Good luck out there, Getter.
  • Welp. We had to put Hercules (our older cat) to sleep last week. He had a long-standing liver issue (polycystic disease, lots of little holes opening up that made the organ swell) that finally seemed to be too much for him to handle. He was showing signs of extreme pain and we'd known that once that happened there wouldn't be anything we could do to make it better. Last February he had an attack of pancreatitis that we helped with some pain meds, but his signs there were just sitting quietly bunned-up and not doing anything; this time he was kicking out and crying and panting.

So he's gone.

Oh, and Orion, other cat, ate about five inches of ribbon, so HE had to have abdominal surgery. Cost us a bundle! Looks like it'll be an Imaginary Christmas for us this year.
  • I'm so sorry about your cats. Hercules was a nice kitty.
  • Sorry again. He was a good cat.
  • Thank you guys. We were able to be with him at the end, but it was very sad; even with a sedative he was still trembling and trying to cry out, although he was too weak to make any noise.
  • I’m sorry to hear that. He was probably comforted to have you with him at the end at least.
  • Orion is better...sort of. His incision has healed and he's out of the Hospital Cage (and the cone-head) but he had a long bout of stomach upset, and had to get an injection of Cerenia to fix him up. He's not enthusiastic about eating, and he's been wandering around the house looking for Hercules.

I went out in the garage to get something earlier today, and when I came back in Orion ran up. Hercules used to run out there and get stuck, and I guess Orion thought maybe that's what happened this time...
  • Poor kitty... it's hard.
  • Feeling sick and awful so I gave up my ticket to the My Brother, My Brother, and Me show tomorrow.