User registration set to invite-only because of spam. Email forums-at-daveandjoel.com for an invite.

The "why I am miserable thread"

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Is this moving out to be closer to the emergency services job so you don't have the huge commute, or is the job going too?
  • Oh I'm not moving too far, maybe 30 minutes closer to work. I do have a place to crash if it goes poorly.
  • The plan is to go in on a place with a friend of mine for around $1300 a month. We've already looked at some nice places.
  • I hope this turns out well for you.
  • I've tried to swallow my needs and go at my mom's pace to make her feel better, but I can't really do that anymore. I'm unhappy
  • Well, first round of talks somehow went ok, no weeping and screaming!
  • YAY im proud of you, did it go ok?
  • It was going well! Then today I hit a wall and we got into a fight
  • Caesar was hit by a car and didn't survive. That's why I canned the stream rather suddenly. Then I streamed anyway because I didn't know what else to do.
    I took this photo of him last night because he looked so goofy while sleeping that I just started laughing. He's a good cat. I'm going to miss him so much.
  • Oh no I'm so so sorry, sweet Caesar :(
    Hope you're ok
  • Oh, poor boy! And poor you...
  • Sorry again, Eoghan. Despite his mischief, he was a good boy.
  • I'm so sorry, dude. :(
  • I'm really sorry for your loss.
  • Eoghan, that's terrible! So sorry for you. :(
  • Boss has been using that, "with exemption" clause to its fullest this summer...
  • edited August 14
    While trying searching an image macro I made a while back on twitter, I found an old conversation with a listener where I couldn't see the tweets of the person I was replying to. It ended up being because I'd muted him. So, like my dumb-ass always does, I clicked the timeline just to see what someone I'd muted for probably a super good reason, because I don't mute that many people, was up to.

His timeline was filled to the brim with like "don't politicize violence uwu" retweets from notch, sandwiched between which was a link to the Dead Kennedy's "Holiday in Cambodia," and the meteoric irony of that is just *CHEF'S KISS EMOJI^10000*

...also like two more tweets down from that is his full-blown thread about how Robert E Lee was SUPER not into slavery and was just doin' it for that states...

which is like...

naw, dog...

he really, really, REALLY liked slavery.
  • I really wish I remembered this thread this past weekend, cause boy did I need it then. Charlottesville is 2 hours away from me so when I woke up and checked twitter on Saturday I almost didn't get back out of bed. I did get up but by the end of the day all I wanted to do was sit down and watch the Ducktales pilot on loop
  • I'm likely going to get activated and live at work for a few days or more in a building with 80 people and a single shower and no beds or space. The money will be great, but not knowing if I'll have a home to come back to is a scary thought.
  • It took me a second to figure out that you meant because of the hurricane. Good luck out there, Getter.